Roman Arena Or Theme Cake Ideas Needed!

Decorating By newtocakes Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 6:06am by aztomcat

newtocakes Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:32am
post #1 of 3

I am drawing a complete blank! I need an idea for a small cake (30 people) for a childs roman arena birthday cake. His favorite toy is the playmobile roman arena and action figures. They want a cake based on that set. I just can't seem to come up with any ideas! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 replies
mixinvixen Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:41am
post #2 of 3

debbie brown has a roman cake in one of her books...i was just on her site last nite. can't remember which book it was though, so you'll have to click on each title under books, and it'll show you each cake that is featured. i think it may have been the 50 party cakes book, or the one for men. you could always just google "roman" and "debbie brown" and i bet it would come up with the title.

aztomcat Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 6:06am
post #3 of 3

You could always use wedding cake pillars at the corners of your cake, or make them out of fondant. Possibly create a chariot of fondant on top with a horse and driver.

You could also add the real playmobile figurines on top. Ask the mom to borrow some.

Actually, you could may be able to create an arena on top and put the figurines inside as another option.

Good Luck,

d

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%