Beaded Wedding Cake Topper

Decorating By beth2027 Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 12:14am by beth2027

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 6

I am making my first wedding cake this weekend. I am wanting to do a beaded topper. I have wire, and the beads and am putting them together now, but my question is, how do I keep the wires from cutting through the cake (like falling over with the weight of the beads). Is there something I can wrap the wire around to stick in the cake?
Any help would be great!
Thanks so much.

5 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 6

Stick the wires into a piece of a drinking straw, and insert that into the cake. You can put a little fondant inside the straw to keep the wires from flopping around if you need to, or wrap the wires with floral tape until they fit snugly inside the straw.

cakeladyem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyem Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 6

I have always used flower spikes and filled them with fondant, and that works well. The straws are a great idea, I will have to try that sometime.

cakeladyem Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 6

I have always used flower spikes and filled them with fondant, and that works well. The straws are a great idea, I will have to try that sometime.

cakeladyem Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:34pm
post #5 of 6

Oops, sorry for the double post!

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:14am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the tips. I may try the one with the straws (mostly cause that's what I have in the house icon_lol.gif ). If anyone else has any ideas, I am still open to suggestions.
I am going to see if I can get the flower spikes somewhere too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%