Wasc Recipe

Baking By andiella Updated 3 Sep 2008 , 11:19pm by Deb_

andiella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andiella Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 11

I hear so much about this WASC recipe but I havn't been able to find the recipe anywhere. Can someone please send me a copy and some tips. Thanks icon_rolleyes.gif

10 replies
martmarg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:00pm
post #3 of 11

I LOVE it!

I use the same basic recipe for all of my cakes, varying the extracts, adding a pkg of pudding, using vanilla (or orhter flavor) yogurt instead of sour cream, and using flavored creamers and other liquids (coffee, melted ice-cream, etc) in place of 2 c of the water icon_biggrin.gif

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 11

Thank you for posting the recipe. What kind of frosting goes the best with WASC?

jess

krystyne_wilson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krystyne_wilson Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 11

MacsMom~Thanks for posting your tips about changing the type of liquid...what a great idea! I must also say that I LOVE your rainbow cake and I cannot wait to try it once I get back to the states!!!

I love this website and I'm so grateful for all of these posts and AWESOME posters!!!

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:17pm
post #6 of 11

I guess I need to play around with it a bit more. I am a scratch baker and decided to try WASC about a month ago. I was less than impressed as it was DRY icon_sad.gif I am so used to my cakes being extremely moist I don't know what I did wrong. But I am willing to try it again and will take the suggestion of using another liquid to replace the water!! I will try sour cream first. If I add pudding, how much pudding should I use?? I had some on hand but was not sure how much and didn't want to mess up the cake but now I realize it may have actually helped with the dryness had I added it. Please advise...Thank you.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:23pm
post #7 of 11

I can't imagine it being dry, I wonder what happened?

I only add one small pkg of pudding to the full recipe, unless I want it to be supermoist as in the case of customers not wanting a filling. For carving, though it's best to skip the pudding and even better if you add 8 oz melted white (or brown if chocolate cake) chocolate.

andiella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andiella Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:33pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks for the link and all the tips.

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:34pm
post #9 of 11

MacsMom- Thanks for the idea of the melted choc in the mix, I never thought of that to help with carving.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:43pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by milissasmom

I guess I need to play around with it a bit more. I am a scratch baker and decided to try WASC about a month ago. I was less than impressed as it was DRY icon_sad.gif I am so used to my cakes being extremely moist I don't know what I did wrong. But I am willing to try it again and will take the suggestion of using another liquid to replace the water!! I will try sour cream first. If I add pudding, how much pudding should I use?? I had some on hand but was not sure how much and didn't want to mess up the cake but now I realize it may have actually helped with the dryness had I added it. Please advise...Thank you.

Do you mean you left the sour cream out when you made it? If you did, no wonder it was dry. The sour cream is essential, hence White Almond SOUR CREAM Cake.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 11:19pm
post #11 of 11

Do you mean you left the sour cream out when you made it? If you did, no wonder it was dry. The sour cream is essential, hence White Almond SOUR CREAM Cake.[/quote]

Absolutely correct sugarfrosted, it sounds like she did leave the SC out. The first time I made WASC, I only wanted to do a 1 mix recipe. I halved everything EXCEPT the SC by mistake and it was the most moist cake that I've ever eaten. I realized later that I had used double the amt. of SC that it called for. The second time I made it, I used the correct measurement of SC and I didn't think it was as moist as the first time. So now my standard is to use double the amt. of SC that the original WASC recipe calls for. I made one on Saturday for home, today is Wednesday and I swear it is getting even more moist as the days go by. I've had it sitting out on my counter in a tupperware cake dish. It's awesome. Try it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%