1/2 And 1/2 Sheet Cake

Decorating By Netter7998 Updated 3 Sep 2008 , 10:49pm by hammer1

Netter7998 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 4

OK I tried searching for this and couldn't find any other topics. I'm getting ready to make my daughter's birthday cake this weekend.

This may be a dumb question but I have a sheet cake pan but I want to do half white cake and half chocolate. How do you keep the batters from mixing? Can I do a foil divider? Or should I just bake two separate cakes in my square pans and sit them next to each other on the board for frosting?

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
KoryAK Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 4

I bake them separately. You can even bake half the height in the same pan for each then cut in half and stack it all together.

kakeladi Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 4

You can make a cardboard seperator that fits tightly from side to side then cover it w/foil. Pour in each flavor and pull the cardboard out.
Other people have poured both flavors in at the same time from 2 different pitchers allowing them to meet/mingle in the center.

hammer1 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 4

we do this almost everytime we make sheet cakes. just pour your mixes in the pan at the same time, starting at both ends (draft a friend if necessary). once the batter is in, take a clean finger or spoon handle and swirl the two batters together in a looping pattern ( this is the best piece of cake). bake as usually, level and ice. never had one crack or do anything stupid and there is definitely no seam where the two cakes meet. I have even done three colors ( white, choc and red velvet) Works everytime. do no touch the bottom of the pan when you swirl the batters together, unless you have lined the pan with parchment.

We use a product from CK products called Pan Grease, never have had to line pans or flour since we started using it. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%