Need Help Concerning Fondant Asap Today

Decorating By tirby Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 2:24am by BlakesCakes

tirby Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 5

OK I love the Michelle Foster fondant but have a question. In using butter the fondant has a tiny bit of a yellow tint to it..I need to color the fondant blue and light pink.
Do you think making it with shortening is the best idae or can I just make it as directed with butter.
Yellow and blue make green so I am a bit concerned.
Anyone know???!!!!

4 replies
Callyssa Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 5

I'm extremely new to this, so you can take it or leave it icon_smile.gif , but I just made this fondant a few days ago. I colored it lt. aqua blue which does have some yellow it in, but it definitely looks on the blueish side, and both baby pink and bubblegum pink, which both looked as they were supposed to. My opinion is the yellow from the butter is so slight that it wouldn't affect the other colors, but I'll be curious to see what other members think.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 5

I have colored Michele Foster's fondant both pink an dblue with great results. I use Americolor gel colors.

tirby Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 5

thanks guys,
I will make it as directed!!
It Tastes SO good!!

BlakesCakes Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 2:24am
post #5 of 5

If the slight yellow tint really concerns you (it can cause blues to lean more toward the green side), you can add just the tiniest amount of violet gel paste to it and it will turn white.

The violet cancels out the yellow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%