Brushed Flower Technique - How Do You Do It?

Decorating By poshcakedesigns Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 1:18am by SeriousCakes

poshcakedesigns Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 4

Hi can anyone tell me how to do the 'brush flower' technique on a cake?

Do I use buttercream, royal icing or piping gel?


3 replies
TooMuchCake Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 4

Do you mean brush embroidery? It's easy to do, looks great even if it's not perfect, and can be done with either royal or buttercream. I've done both, on cakes covered in both buttercream and fondant.

First, outline your shape with the icing of your choice. Then, using a small damp brush, lightly brush the outline from the edge toward the center of your shape. Don't worry if the icing doesn't spread itself all the way to the center, just let it go as far as it wants to.


poshcakedesigns Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 4

THANKS!! That's exactly what I needed to know. icon_biggrin.gif

SeriousCakes Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 1:18am
post #4 of 4

I just did a video on this, I used buttercream with a dry brush:

Quote by @%username% on %date%