Cookie Throwdown.....

Baking By yankeegal Updated 20 Sep 2008 , 11:14pm by yankeegal

yankeegal Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 16

I am posting a new thread because I don't know how you all want to continue this. Should I pick a new opponent or does someone want to volunteer? Should we do the same theme or pick a new one?

Your thoughts?

15 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 16

I think, given how it was done previously, that you should be the one to ask someone if they would compete. If someone wants to volunteer, even better, because then that person thinks they are at least comparable to you in skill level. (I sure know it ain't me!) I look forward to seeing what happens, and hope that if someone doesn't want to compete on the same theme, that we'll at least get to see the bouquet you made. I'm sure it's fantastic!

Homemade-Goodies Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 16

Jodie, I'm soooo under your par, but I'd be willing to volunteer for the heck of it! Trial by fire kind of thing...if you would accept my offer. If you prefer to choose someone, I understand, too.

What about the theme of Children's Fairy Tales? Wouldn't that be cute?

Lemme know.... icon_biggrin.gif

yankeegal Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:12am
post #4 of 16

I think you sell yourself short!! I could never do cakes...

I am game if you are...that theme sounds great!!!

I will pm you to finalize the details-Thanks so much!!!

yankeegal Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:26pm
post #5 of 16

It looks like it will be Homemade-Goodies and I for the next throwdown. Our deadline will be Sept. 26th and the theme is Children's Fairytales. I do believe we will need someone to post the pics and set up the vote, so if anyone is interested, please let me know. Thanks in advance!!!
Best of luck to Homemade-Goodies!!

Homemade-Goodies Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 3:09pm
post #6 of 16

I'm really excited...can't even drum up some smack talk...yet! haha

Thanks yankeegal...enjoy yourself and we'll see how we do on the 26th!! thumbs_up.gif

Tashablueyes Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 11:32pm
post #7 of 16

I'm so excited! I've been wanting to see another throwdown! Maybe someday I'll even be good enough to compete!

Honeydukes Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 3:02pm
post #8 of 16

Good for you, Homemade-Goodies! Although I was really excited to see the rematch, we're rooting for both of you ladies!

Should we start a list of people who are willing to be challenged?

yankeegal Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 3:12pm
post #9 of 16

I think a list would be a great idea Honeydukes...that way there will only be "willing" to speak. icon_smile.gif

I would also like to encourage those who may feel intimidated to sign up and give it a shot. Everyone brings something to the decorating table and I personally love to see everyone's interpretations of cookie designs. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Tashablueyes Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 6:24pm
post #10 of 16

I think you should start a list! I'd put myself on! I need a good cookie challenge to motivate me to take it to the next level.

leannsloan Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 6:44pm
post #11 of 16

Cookies are my fave. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Good Luck Ladies

Homemade-Goodies Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 9:39am
post #12 of 16

Hey girlfriend - how are ya doing??? I just wanted to say that this is still the awesomest - I'm having a lot of fun doing this challenge!!!

You do such lovely lovely cookies - my goodness! the peace and love cookies you just added to the Gallery, so inventive!! If I can place my cookies next to yours without feeling like some Jethro, I'd already feel a winner...though of course I AM gonna skunk you, girl! hahaha

Alrighty, back to the cutting board! icon_biggrin.gif

yankeegal Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 11:27am
post #13 of 16

You bring up a really good point-this is all in the spirit of the joy of doing cookies!!!! I am excited to see your bouquet!....Bring it!!! icon_wink.gif

Homemade-Goodies Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 8:56pm
post #14 of 16

Who is our poster, btw....? icon_smile.gif

revel Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 9:27pm
post #15 of 16

I'd love to try doing this. I'm really green at cookies but up to the challange! Put me on the list.

Only thing though i won't be able to do one until the end of Oct. My dad passed away so i'll be staying with my mom for a couple of weeks to help her out.

yankeegal Posted 20 Sep 2008 , 11:14pm
post #16 of 16

Revel-so sorry to hear about your Dad. Take care of yourself as well.

We don't have a poster for the cookie throwdown. Anyone like to volunteer?

Quote by @%username% on %date%