Searching Forums Help

Lounge By mellormom Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 11:09am by mellormom

mellormom Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:56pm
post #1 of 4

Almost every time I search the forums the subject I was searching for never comes up. Or the specific answer doesn't show. I know that some of my posts must be duplicates but I can never find the answer. So I thought maybe there is a way to search that will yield better results and I just don't know it.
Anyone know?

3 replies
lardbutt Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 4

I don't have the answer, BUT YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

I have this problem all the time. Unless I specifically remember the title of a thread I'm looking for, I can't find anything!

And if I'm trying to find info on a certain subject, forget it!

I hope someone can help!

Amia Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 4

NO answer here either, but I can commiserate with you! I hate the search feature, it's completely useless! icon_evil.gif The only way I've been able to find anything is to type in the complete subject line and even then I have to sift through pages of other irrelevant stuff. So if you don't know the subject line, and really, who does? You are out of luck my friend. icon_lol.gif Hopefully that will be changed in the next upgrade on CC. icon_rolleyes.gif

mellormom Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 11:09am
post #4 of 4

That would be a nice upgrade! It's gotten to the point where I don't even search anymore because I know it won't work so I just ask the question again. So then I'm sure that makes more posts and makes it harder for the search engine to work properly. (I guess, have no idea how it works. icon_confused.gif )

Quote by @%username% on %date%