Do The Wilton Course Books Come Inside The Course Kits?????

Decorating By susies1955 Updated 3 Sep 2008 , 8:21pm by susies1955

susies1955 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 8:48am
post #1 of 7

I'm thinking of taking the Wilton Course Classes on my own here at home with the help of a few on line mentors. icon_smile.gif The classes are held way too far away.
I just bought the four Course Books from ebay. I was looking at the supplies listed in each book and I noticed that it may be cheaper to buy a few of the kits but was wondering if I wasted my money on the books if they come in the kits. Do they?
Thanks for the help.

6 replies
shanasweets Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 9:09am
post #2 of 7

the books were not in the kit when I took mine last year. the instructor gave us a book. I took class at micheals. But I have seen the books for sale at hobby lobby, so I don't know if you have to buy yours when you take the class there.

susies1955 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 9:38am
post #3 of 7

Thanks for the speedy reply. icon_smile.gif
I just read the posts from the "Wilton Course II book question" thread and they are saying that the books are given out AT the class just like you said so if I choose to buy a kit the book will NOT be in it.
Thanks again,

Karema Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:29pm
post #4 of 7

No the books are not included but what I wish I had done was buy the big decorators kit they have. It is like $90 but I used the coupon for 50%. It is the blue case. It had alot of the stuff from the kits in there also so I would have saved some money from the start. Now I have doubles of some stuff.

susies1955 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the info.
I looked through the books and I think I'm only lacking three tips and I need to buy Course ll and the Fondant & Gum Paste Kit unless there are hidden things I need that are listed in the teaching.

krystyne_wilson Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 8:18pm
post #6 of 7

I bought the huge kit in the blue "tackle box" using a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby when I took my course. It's always nice to have mutiples of the same tips so you don't have to change them out if you are using the same tip for different colors of icing. Look in the books that you bought, sometimes they list extra things that may help you that are not in the kit. I spent a BUNCH of money when I first started (and will probably spend more when I go home!) but it's TOTALLY worth it!

Happy caking icon_biggrin.gif

susies1955 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 8:21pm
post #7 of 7

Ok thanks! I think later tonight I'll sit and go through the books better to know WHAT is needed. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%