Making Chocolates With Creme Centres.

Decorating By Briarview Updated 3 Sep 2008 , 8:26am by sparklynne

Briarview Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briarview Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 8:11am
post #1 of 2

I want to make heart shaped chocolates with a strawberry filling and am wanting to know what to purchase for the filling. From where I come from we do not have a chocolate supplies shop. I have made some and used a passionfruit (my favourite) filling and they were very successful. I have done a google search but they only bring up articles with the word chocolate or the oils. Hope someone can help as these are for a bride who wants them on top of her strawberry cupcakes. Thanks

1 reply
sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 8:26am
post #2 of 2

I think you would want to look up soft fondant fillings for filled chocolates or dry fondant mix. I know that Loranne oils makes products for these needs and their website might be able to assist you in this. I have a recipe directly from their book for their filled bon bons not sure if this is what you need or not.
BON-BONS
1 pound of dry fondant mix
2 T milk or whipping cream
6 T butter
15 drops of flavoring- any flavor
Several drops of food coloring-any color
1 pound of milk chocolate,dark chocolate or white chocolate
candy dipping tools
Hi gloss quick release dipping paper

In a saucepan, warm liquid and butter over medium low heat. Stir the dry fondant into the mixture;when smooth add the flavoring and color.Remove from heat and knead with your hands until well blended and smooth. Form fondant into 1 inch balls.
Melt coating according to package directions. Place ball of fondant into melted coating and lift out with a candy dipper. Allow excess to drip back into bowl. Invert the dipped candy center onto dipping paper. To decorate, stripe with contrasting color of coating, sprinkle with nuts,coconut sprinkles etc. if desired. Allow to set up at room temp or in fridge. Makes 60 1 inch balls.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%