Marble Cake

Decorating By doublecz1103 Updated 3 Sep 2008 , 1:11pm by tyty

doublecz1103 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 3:59am
post #1 of 8

how do u make marble cake?? can i just make a batch of my vanilla and chocolate and swirl one into the other and bake like i normally do???

7 replies
Sweetcakes23 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:05am
post #2 of 8

Thats exactly what I do! Only I bake at 325 degrees. And be aware, when those cakes are cooling on the racks? They have more of a tendancy to crack while upside down cooling. I think it has to do with the different texture, because they seem to crack "right" where the vanilla swirls meet the chocolate. So, I just leave them loosened with the pan on for a while longer, then upright them again onto the rack so they aren't "rocking" on the dome which makes it easier to crack.

lindy01 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:06am
post #3 of 8

hi, what you do is you make the two batches up, and spoon one in the tin and then spoon another colour next to it, so go white brown white brown until the bottom of the tin is covered. then on top of the white you place the brown, and then brown on top of the white etc... and then get a knife and run it though as if you where going to cut the cake into half and then quarters etc..

BlakesCakes Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:05am
post #4 of 8

Simplest way is to make a yellow cake, reserve about 1/4th of the batter. Put the yellow batter in the pan, add some cocoa powder (about 2TBSP/cup) to the reserved batter & stir until well mixed. Drop ample tablespoons of the now chocolate batter evenly spaced over the yellow batter and then run a knife thru it to drag it down to the bottom and across the cake.

I do this and have no problem with cracking or uneven baking.

sambugjoebear Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:42pm
post #5 of 8

I make up my white cake batter and reserve about 1/3 of it. Place white batter in greased pan. I add 1/2 a can of Hershey's sundae syrup to the reserved batter and place spoonfuls of chocolate batter on top of the white and swirl with a knife. Bake as usual. I've never had problems with the cake cracking.

Cake_Princess Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:59pm
post #6 of 8
Originally Posted by doublecz1103

how do u make marble cake?? can i just make a batch of my vanilla and chocolate and swirl one into the other and bake like i normally do???

Yes that's exactly how you do it.

For kids you can even make a rainbow marble cake.

seagoat Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 1:01pm
post #7 of 8

I do the same as BlakesCakes

tyty Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 1:11pm
post #8 of 8

I just prepare a batch of yellow cake, then reserve 1/4 in another bowl. Then melt 2 squares of bittersweet chocolate in the microwave. Stir chocolate into the small bowl. Fill pans with plain batter then dot with chocolate batter. Use a knife to swirl chocolate through without scraping the sides and bottom of the pan. Tastes great with Amaretto flavor added.

Quote by @%username% on %date%