Finished My Top Hat Cake - Whew!

Decorating By kyhendry Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 12:10pm by bashini

kyhendry Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 3:35am
post #1 of 6

Well I finally finished my top hat cake. I had to put it in the "Naughty" section because the showgirls on the cake are a little on the "voluptuous" side so if you would like to see it go to: http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1261586 because it won't show up in my photos. icon_cool.gif

This cake was so tall and heavy and I had to learn a lot of new techniques that I'd never used before like gumpaste people, rolling fondant around the cake, using my airbrush to get the black really black, stacking that many cakes and not having it fall (yea!).

The cake was for my secretary's husband and she wanted one of the layers to be a fake out of the Better Than Sex Cake but since that would have been too moist we went with a pina colada flavoring in the WASC and a banana filling with shredded coconut and it turned out YUMMY!

I did a cool cake board with the idea from a CC-member here (sorry I can't find the thread or your name but thanks!). I printed out various pics of the birthday guy and put them on a foam board and covered it with clear contact.

Well, I just wanted to share my accomplishments with you all since without all of you and your helpful hints that I read on here I would not have been able to pull this cake off!

5 replies
lindy01 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:11am
post #2 of 6

good work. love the girls coming out of the hat

bashini Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 1:36pm
post #3 of 6

Hi there, I can't see the photo. When I click on the link you have given, it says that I don't have permission to access that page.

love to see the photo.

kyhendry Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 11:56am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashini

Hi there, I can't see the photo. When I click on the link you have given, it says that I don't have permission to access that page.

love to see the photo.

Hi there. The reason you can't see it is because I had to put it into the "Adult" section since the girls are showgirls with big boobs (haha) and I thought they'd pull t if I put it in one of the other sections. If you want to see it you'll have to change your settings to be able to view the adult gallery.

Take care.

bashini Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:05pm
post #5 of 6

Oh yes, thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

bashini Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:10pm
post #6 of 6

Just saw the photo and its fantastic. Well Done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%