Sea Shell Help Please :)

Decorating By sparklynne Updated 3 Sep 2008 , 10:43am by Tona

sparklynne Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 3:16am
post #1 of 6

I know after looking under the search for sea shells that there are a few forum topics about this but it seems like they are all instructing using the melts. icon_sad.gif I am actually trying to find out if there is a pastillage or gum paste, or sugar way of making these shells? If anyone can give me an idea on this I would really appreciate it icon_smile.gif I have a client that has asked for no chocolate/melts because of allergy or something along that line.
TIA

5 replies
makadamianut Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 3:44am
post #2 of 6

I don't know if these have the right colors or look -- but it would mean no work for you! http://www.beautifulgatherings.com/petite%20paks%20seasonal.htm

Then again - if you have a LOT OF TIME and energy... check out these AMAZING shells --- just go over to You Tube and type in "Sugar Seashells"?!

Pastry-Panda Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 3:56am
post #3 of 6

Hello there!

I'm pretty sure that if you wanted to use fondant or gumpaste you could just buy one of those candy melt molds or any chocolate molds and press the fondant in there then let it dry maybe overnight , I'm not to sure about getting them out unless you stick something in the back to grip it.

If you use a silicone mold you could easily pop fondant or gumpaste out with out distorting the shape. silicone would also work if you wanted to do hot sugar , cooked to the hard ball stage but they probably wont last more than a day.

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 6:37am
post #4 of 6

I myself use the chocolate melt molds and just grease the inside of the plastic mold and let it dry overnight. It works great!

sparklynne Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 7:46am
post #5 of 6

Thank you all for taking your time to help. I do have the molds already. Both the large plastic molds used usually for making large soaps but I just loved the intricate patterns and then also the small chocolate molds. They are both new. I was wondering about greasing them and using the gum paste but I was curious about them drying or sticking to the molds and having no way to get them out. icon_eek.gif What the hey! might as well give it a try! I thank you for the links to order them but I don't have that kind of time on my side and I am a save a dime do it yourself kinda gal. Some may call it cheap.. icon_razz.gif I call it inventive! icon_lol.gif LOL! Thanks again

Tona Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:43am
post #6 of 6

You can also buy the molds from first impression molds on line they have some wonderful sea shell molds for fondant and gum paste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%