Square Round Square Round Square

Decorating By Suzycakes Updated 3 Sep 2008 , 4:08am by makadamianut

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 1:36am
post #1 of 2

I have an order for a wedding cake in December and the bride is requesting that the wedding cake be the above s,r,s,r,s. The number of servings do not have to be exact - there will be plenty of cake.

So my question is if I start with the 16" square pan and end with the 6" square pan - what sizes should I use in between? The only odd size pan I own at the moment is the 9" square. I don't mind to order other sizes, but don't want to order sizes that I don't need. I need some expert advise for this . . . . any and all opinions and answers will be so much appreciated!

I stacked the pans that I had the other day to see how they would work and I ended up with a 16" square, 12" round, 9" square 8" round and 6" square - but it didn't look quite right. I actually have the 16" on order at the moment so I used a 12 x 15 pan on the 'wide' side to try to get the effect I needed.

The cake design will be fairly simple with just a bead border around the tiers - all of this will be buttercream icing. So I don't need a lot of room inbetween the tiers but I don't want it to look 'odd' either - ya know!

Okay -enough rambling - HELP!

Suze

1 reply
makadamianut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makadamianut Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:08am
post #2 of 2

Sounds like you need the differences in the layers to be more equal so that you get a more balanced look.

So - it's a little math question.

Use the length of the side for the square (LS) and the diameter of the round (DR). 1 Means the top of the cake, 2 is the next set of layers, etc...

LS1-DR1 =X
LS2-DR2 =X (or 2X if you want a bigger change)
LS3-DR3 =X (or 3X)
etc...

Does that make sense?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%