Repeat Customer Behaving Badly

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 16 Sep 2008 , 12:39pm by SweetResults

chrissy410 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissy410 Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 9:52pm
post #61 of 81

I think the no internet excuse is pretty Lame as well! I'm sorry, but there are ways to access the internet even if you go to a public library. When I moved a few years ago we had to live with a friend while our home was being built and didn't have a home computer for 3 months, but I went to the library or would access the internet from a internet cafe. My bank even let me use their internet to pay my tuition and she let me check my email too! If she doesn't come back at least you were able to replace your stand!

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 9:52pm
post #62 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by keljo05

so she had no email access.. no way to find your number... and this is a repeat order? did she contact you by telepathy before?

I think you are hilarious!

You gotta remember, the customer is the one who held your property hostage, property that you need in order to run your business.

Yep, her actions resulted in her owning the stand.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 9:59pm
post #63 of 81

Offer to buy it back from her for half-price since it's used. Heh.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 10:02pm
post #64 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoleKitten

icon_lol.gificon_evil.gificon_lol.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 10:32pm
post #65 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoleKitten

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 12:04am
post #66 of 81

Summer

I think the return email sounds perfect. What a PITA!!

How much was the deposit/ And if you tell me $30.00, that is the regular price anyways! There is never a guarantee to get a coupon for it.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 1:43am
post #67 of 81

Summer,

I would just let this one go.....I would not send anymore e-mails.

The one thing that puzzles me is, she said she stopped by your house to drop it off, but you were out. Why the heck didn't she leave the stand in a safe place and leave you a note saying she returned it?

If she was really not able to get in touch with you by phone/e-mail, she knew where you lived. You don't need her game playing schemes....gone with her......add her to your "no cake for you" list icon_lol.gif

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 2:56am
post #68 of 81

Sorry, me so sneaky hehehe I've been following your thread but hadn't chipped in because everyone had already said it all. I'm glad you got to cash that check. Something tells me if you hadn't, you might not have seen your stand again for another month, if not more! I wouldn't email her again unless it's to take Polekitten's advise about buying the stand back for a nominal fee thumbs_up.gif I literally LOL!

AND Chutzpah, I could not help but ROL (ROAR out loud icon_lol.gif ). "...cakestand up her @$$!" thumbs_up.gif

summernoelle Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 3:51am
post #69 of 81

It was $50. Which I bought at Sur La Table for $45 with a $10 off coupon. So no, beyotch, it was not overpriced!
Sorry, I'm in a rowdy moody. Just got home from a funny movie. Maybe I should wait before sending that email.

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:46am
post #70 of 81

I would drop it. Replying to her e-mail is petty and that's exactly what she's looking for.

summernoelle Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 3:14pm
post #71 of 81

Good point, chutzpah. I am just trying to decide right now if I want the stand back, and then give her a refund. I really loved that stand and can't buy it anymore.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 3:34pm
post #72 of 81

Just make sure you don't say you "really want it back" so you're refunding-she might keep it for the heck of it. You can pretend to be sympathetic to her situation. (Hah!) Good for PR. But be "booked" next time she comes around!

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 4:41pm
post #73 of 81

Maybe offer her half the deposit back?

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 5:04pm
post #74 of 81

Okay, you still want the stand back. Do you also want to save her as a customer, or are you prepared to drop her? If you want the stand and the customer, then email her back ignoring the little jibes and say something like, âdear customer, thank you for responding to my email and explaining the reason the cupcake stand was not returned. It seems we were both frustrated by this situation. Given the circumstances, I would be more than happy to refund your deposit upon return of the cupcake stand. I am available to receive the stand at ____, or contact me to schedule an appointment at a different time. Looking forwards to working with you again â¦â. This might be hard to write because you are not happy about it, but sometimes that is what it takes. She must know that she was not particularly polite, so it says something about your character that you remain professional. If you are willing to chance losing her as a customer and/or not getting the stand back, you could try, âDear customer, Thank you for responding to my email and explaining the reason the cupcake stand was not returned. Given the circumstances, I am willing to refund your deposit less a late charge of $X if the stand is returned to me by X date. Please contact me by email or call xxx-xxx-xxxx to arrange an appointment. Sincerely â¦â. I was going to write a meaner version too, but that isnât going to get your stand back, which you want, and if you donât want her as a customer, you can be polite but booked, because you donât really want her badmouthing you either.

Anyway, good luck.

summernoelle Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 8:58pm
post #75 of 81

Margaret, that is such a great email. Thanks for that advice!

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 6:07am
post #76 of 81

Ya, well, I'm usually quite the one for getting upset and all worked up about something and shooting myself in the foot because I want to SHOW THEM instead of doing whatever it takes to get what I really want.

summernoelle Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 3:44pm
post #77 of 81

Lol. I usually have a hard time been cool and collected and professional. I have to calm down before responding because I always want to show them that I am right!
I ended up using a version of your email, but that I didn't want it back:

"Thank you for responding to my email and explaining the reason the cupcake stand was not returned. It seems we were both frustrated by this situation.
Unfortunately, since you did not contact me, respond to my requests to have it back, respond to emails informing you your check had been cashed or let me know that you would be unreachable, I did have to purchase a new stand."

This version was about two paragraphs shorter than my original one. icon_wink.gif

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 5:39pm
post #78 of 81

Short and sweet. I like it Summer!

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 6:49pm
post #79 of 81

So you decided not to get the old one back?

summernoelle Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 10:39pm
post #80 of 81

CakeMaker-Yeah. My DH and I talked about it, and I just didn't want to deal with it.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 16 Sep 2008 , 12:39pm
post #81 of 81

Good for you - proud of you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%