Big Cookie Question

Baking By deetmar Updated 3 Sep 2008 , 3:37pm by deetmar

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:01am
post #1 of 6

Can you make a giant NFSC? Like the ones they make at the cookie store in the Mall. I have never done it, but a customer has asked me to, and I didn't know if it could be done, or how to do it.

Thanks

5 replies
saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:08am
post #2 of 6

Why not? I think I read somewhere that someone made a giant cookie in a pizza pan. I have been meaning to try that. I would probably lower the oven temp to 325.

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:28am
post #3 of 6

I just made my brother a cookie cake! It was chocolate chip cookie though, I baked it 20 minutes at 375.

cakeladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladydi Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:50am
post #4 of 6

I've made the chocolate chip cookie cakes several times. When you put the dough on the pizza pan leave a hole in the middle (the dough is in the shape of a ring) so that when it spreads you won't have a big hump in the center.
If you need a recipe PM me.

Diane

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 7:32am
post #5 of 6

I use my baking pans for my cookies. I cut a piece of parchment the size of the pan, and then press the dough down on top of it. I then chill the pan for about 30 minutes, then bake at 375. When I am ready to flip it out, I don't have to worry about it sticking. I have make cookies up to 20" and this seems to work for me.

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 3:37pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you guys so much! I will give it a try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%