Question About Decorating A Castle Cake

Decorating By shell62995 Updated 3 Sep 2008 , 5:32pm by shell62995

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 3

My daughter is turning 2 Sunday. I'm making her a castle cake but I have a question. On the spires I would like to make it look like it is tiled roofed. If that makes sense. I have seen where some cover them and then put on sprinkles. But I think the roofing shingles look would be really cool. And I'm thinking I could go ahead and start on that now and have it dry. Suggestions on how to do that? How do I put them on?
Also is there another way to get the brick or cobblestone look on fondant? I dont have the mats and I dont I could have it ordered and get it here in time. Any thoughts or suggestions on this ake would e great.I plan on using the wilton kit.
And if you have any other thoughts of what would be neat at a princess party I would LOVE to hear it!
TIA,Michele

2 replies
pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:37am
post #2 of 3

Hi Michele!

I attached a pic of the most recent castle cake I did that I think fits your description. For the tiled roof I got a small round wilton fondant cutter and just cut lots of circles. You can apply the fondant directly to the ice cream cone with a little water starting at the bottom and working your way up. For the brick texture I searched the house for a small rectangular object (I ended up pulling the eraser off the end of a dry erase pen) and just pushed that directly into buttercream.

Hope this helps,
LL

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 3

wow! love your cake!! thanks for the info!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%