Sam's Club Icing Question

Decorating By debiz1123 Updated 3 Sep 2008 , 12:07pm by TooMuchCake

debiz1123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debiz1123 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 5

After opening the tub, I know it will take me a while to use, how long will it last? And does it need to be in the fridge? Ohh and one more, it does crust right?

I tried to search to find the answers and found one post saying it does crust, but thought since I was asking the other questions, I'd ask anyway icon_lol.gif

Thanks!

Debbie

4 replies
beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 2:07am
post #2 of 5

I've never used it, so I'm not sure about the crusting part, but I think if you bought it at Sam's, it should be able to be kept out as long as it's air tight, although keeping it cool might make it last longer.
I wish I could tell you more, but I thought I'd reply to get it back up to the top.
Oh, and is there an expiration date on it?

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 2:56am
post #3 of 5

I'm no help, but let me know how you like it, I've been wanting to try it since I don't have a KA and have NO desire to pay shipping on that much icing!

Tona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tona Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 10:47am
post #4 of 5

My friend works at Sam's the icing does crust but takes alittle longer than home made. It is good for up to 6 months at room temp does not need to be in ref.

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:07pm
post #5 of 5

I switched to Sam's icing and rarely make my own now. It does crust. There is an expiration date on the bucket. I keep it in the pantry, not in the fridge. Sometimes when I'm really busy I might use up a bucket in a couple weeks, or during downtime it might take a couple months.

HTH,
Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%