Do You Have A Price Per Gumpaste Flower?

Decorating By mrswendel Updated 2 Sep 2008 , 7:04pm by cakequeen50

mrswendel Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,

So, here is another pricing question. I have seen that some CCers have a charge per GP flower while others don't charge extra. I haven't been charging anything extra for the flowers, but am thinking that I should be (now that I am getting more wedding orders and am finding the time and cost of materials is steadily increasing). For those of you who charge, would you mind sharing your cost per flower? I get alot of requests for roses, callas, gerberas and orchids along with leafwork and filler flowers. Thanks everyone for reading.

2 replies
PinkZiab Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 6:21pm
post #2 of 3

I don't charge per flower, but rather my per-slice charge increases based on the overall intricacy of the design. This would include handmade flowers, how many, what type, etc.

cakequeen50 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 3

when I took Nick Lodges class, he said to charge the same as a real flower, in a high quality flower. Like not Costco prices, but good florist prices. He also had a list of expected prices of the gumpaste flowers that we made in class. I don't know where my list is but maybe someone else still has theirs. I do remember he said to charge $7 for a calla. These were good size callas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%