Black Fondant

Decorating By maude Updated 2 Sep 2008 , 2:08am by msulli10

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 3

I need to make black fondant. Will the Wilton paste color get dark enough? If not how do I get black?

2 replies
Nicolle711 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nicolle711 Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 3

Hi,

I would highly recommend you purchasing black fondant. Satin Ice has a great tasting vanilla black fondant.

If you are short on time and have to make the fondant black yourself, the gel paste will work but you will have to do it in stages. After a few tries you'll have to wrap the fondant in seran wrap to settle for a good few hours. Then apply more black gel paste until you get a true black. Your fondant may get hard to work with because you will be adding quite a bit of gel to it.

When it comes to red and black, it is really just better to purchase those colors of fondant. They get very tricky to make. Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 2:08am
post #3 of 3

If you don't need a lot of black, you can always use the Wilton black fondant. It comes in a box with 4 colors (brown, tan, black and peach). It's a small package, but it's better than having to make it yourself. If you need a lot, go with the Satin Ice which you can order online.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%