Hello Kitty Cake Pan

Decorating By Jocmom Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 11:30pm by lilahcakes

Jocmom Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 8

Help! I was planning on making a princess themed birthday cake for my grand daughter's first birthday. When I was talking to my son about how many people were invited to the party and how much cake I'd need to make, he said, "By the way - we changed our minds - we want a Hello Kitty party now."

Do they make an actual Hello Kitty pan? The only one I can find is on Ebay and has to be shipped from Japan. The party is the first week in October.

If push comes to shove, I guess I could make a template and carve the Hello Kitty head easily enough, but I want this to be perfect.

7 replies
lilahcakes Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 1:02am
post #2 of 8

I've only seen the little cake decorations not a pan, maybe you could just do a white cake with pink bows and get some of the little hello kitty toppers and stuff.

Jocmom Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 1:43am
post #3 of 8

That's looking like an option. I saw a multiple tiered pink and white cake with a little fondant Hello Kitty sitting on top in the gallery. I think that would make everyone happy.

jibbies Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 1:54am
post #4 of 8
lilahcakes Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 2:34am
post #5 of 8

Wow Jibbies thats what i call some inspiration! and lots of it.

Jocmom Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 5:47pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks, Jibbies. That should keep me busy for awhile!

Jocmom Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 8:28pm
post #7 of 8

I checked out the Hello Kitty cakes in the gallery, and I've decided to make a frilly pink and white cake with little Hello Kitty faces made from either fondant or white chocolate for accents. I found a chocolate mold on eBay. It's being shipped from Hong Kong, so I hope I receive it in time for the birthday party.

lilahcakes Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 11:30pm
post #8 of 8

I cant wait to see the picture!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%