Price On Mini Cakes Per Serving Vs. Regular Cake

Decorating By robinscakes Updated 1 Sep 2008 , 2:09pm by ladyonzlake

robinscakes Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 4

I know that a tower of mini cakes should be priced a lot higher than a per/slice charge for a tiered cake, but how much more? Someone at my bakery is getting married and wants mini cakes. I'll give him a price break, but I'm thinking a percentage off. I need to figure out what the base price should be. I think he's thinking of single serving cakes, but not cupcakes. Is $8 per cake too high (4" cake)? My fondant cake charge is $4/slice.

3 replies
robinscakes Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 4

I was thinking along these lines
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-902103.html

indydebi Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 4

for a cake like that, no, $8 is not too high.

ladyonzlake Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 4

I just went through this too. I'm making 100 mini sand castle cakes and charged $8.50 per mini but next time for something like this I would start at $10. They are 3" rounds with the squared trim on top like castle's have and then covered with crumbs (wafer cookies crumbs). Next to each one will be a chocolate starfish.

The price really depends on how involved the little cakes will be. This was my first experience with the mini's. I did a trial run and did one in buttercream and one in fondant. The fondant one was a "pia"!! For fondant I would start at $15 per mini and buttercream $10 per mini.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%