Fondant Stripes

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 1 Sep 2008 , 3:57pm by cylstrial

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 12:46pm
post #1 of 4

I keep seeing cakes with amazing stripes made out of fondant! I'm not sure if you just cut the stripes out and paste them on the cake...or if you you cut them out and somehow use a roller to make them stick together. I would love any info on this subject. Here's a photo so you will know what I'm talking about for sure! Thanks!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1258666

3 replies
cupsncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupsncakes Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 1:21pm
post #2 of 4

I usually cut and attach them seperately but I'm not sure if there is another way to do it. I use a ruler to make sure they are all the same width and are straight. I'd like to buy one of those rollers that cuts several stripes at once all the same size.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 1:31pm
post #3 of 4

i've seen the roller (like a pasta roller/cutter) but as i don't have one i'd have to cut one by one and measure -i love that technique but haven't had the opportunity to use it yet

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:57pm
post #4 of 4

Cupsncakes -- I have another question for you. Do you put a base layer of fondant down? And then put the stripes on top of the base layer? Hope that makes sense!!

Thanks for your help!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%