Opinions On Lloyd Industries Cake Pans?

Decorating By PattyT Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 6:37am by BlakesCakes

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 12:22pm
post #1 of 7

Searching online for a 12x18 sheet pan, and found the Lloyd Industries web site. Never heard of them, so came back here to CC for opinions.

I found a thread from September 2007 where one person had ordered them, but no one had any experience with them yet. Anyone had good or bad luck with them?

I use Magic Line now, and am very happy with them, but would try Lloyd if they were good.

Thanks all
Pat

6 replies
PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 7

Bump - anyone?

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:21am
post #3 of 7

I ran across this thread while trying to search forums about people's experiences with Lloyd pans. They look good, but seem much cheaper than ML or FD. Anyone have an opinion or experience???

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:53am
post #4 of 7

I recently purchased 2 of their "non-coated" 7x11 pans. I found that they are great quality, have very straight sides, shipping was quick & economical. The cakes baked up beautifully, even and straight up the sides (I use parchment on the bottom and Wilton Pan Release on the sides). They cleaned up easily with soap and water.

If I have a need in the future for pans, they'll be the first place I look.

HTH
Rae

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:55am
post #5 of 7

Link?

cserwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cserwa Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:33am
post #6 of 7

http://www.lloydpans.com/

Hmmmmmmm...definitely sounds worth trying for me! I'm a newbie starting out, just starting to buy pans. Everyone says MagicLine, but I'm thinking I'll try these. My problem is...I have nothing to compare it to!

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:37am
post #7 of 7

I have Magic Line and Wilton Performance/Professional (discontinued) and I see no appreciable differences. They seem to be the same metal, thickness, etc.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%