Is There Any Intructions Out There To Make This Cool Rose?

Decorating By Iloveweddings Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 7:05pm by becklynn

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 11:55am
post #1 of 17

I want to learn how to make these roses and I'm sure others will want to know how to as well. They are really neat! Does anyone know of any instructions? Do these types of roses have a certain name?

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1227866

16 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 12:19pm
post #2 of 17

Why don't you PM cinjam and ask her how she did them ? I'll bet she would tell you.... most people on CC are sooo nice !

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 12:33pm
post #3 of 17

I believe she took the 1m tip and started the in the middle and swirled out.HTH

Iloveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iloveweddings Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 1:02pm
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by grama_j

Why don't you PM cinjam and ask her how she did them ? I'll bet she would tell you.... most people on CC are sooo nice !

I did PM her.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 1:25pm
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenleysmommy

I believe she took the 1m tip and started the in the middle and swirled out.HTH

That's exactly it. I ice my cupcakes the same way.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 17

I could never do that with the 1M tip icon_sad.gif

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:58pm
post #7 of 17

i believe there is an article of a step-by-step instructions at CC homepage on how to make a cupcake bouquet. i've just checked it bbut its not there anymore... an the can't find it either when i 'search' for it here on CC.

good thing is, i was able to save on how to have a rosette on cupcake. here are some of the parts of the cupcake bouquet article...

Using the 1M tip, pipe a rosette on top of each cupcake. Feel free to experiment with different colors of icingâ¦.you may be surprised how beautiful they turn out! To achieve the multi-color look, just place two different colors in the same piping bag! Ice all of your cupcakes before continuing to the next step.
TIP: Be aware that the heavier you apply your icing, the more weight youâre adding to the cupcake, which could cause problems with your cupcakes staying on the toothpicks. If you like heavier icing, you may want to âupgradeâ your toothpicks to skewers or even lollipop sticks. If using lollipop sticks, you will have to âstartâ a hole in the bottom of your cupcake first with a skewer or similar sharp object
TIP FOR MAKING ROSETTES: Start your swirl in the center of the cupcake
and move ONLY your hand in a clockwise direction, NOT your entire arm as
we often do with other decorating techniques. This forces the icing to
twist nâ turn on top of itself and results in the illusion of âfoldsâ in the
icing!
[/img]
LL

gacandle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gacandle Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:07pm
post #8 of 17

thanks for the information and the pictures the cupcakes are beautiful!!!! just so happens i am making cupcakes today so i will try this !!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

maimai16 Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:11pm
post #9 of 17

good luck on your cuppies gacandle! hope you could post your cupcakes pics icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:12pm
post #10 of 17

It's not as hard as it looks cupcakeshoppe.. icon_smile.gif you start in the center and work your way outward.. after a few tries you get the motion down better.. after a while.. you can do it with your eyes closed. icon_biggrin.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 5:10pm
post #11 of 17

thanks jkalman. but i have tried it more than twice. should i be pushing out the same amount of icing as when i do swirls? i tend to skimp on frosting when someone else has to eat it. LOL

thanks for posting that info, maimai!

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 5:17pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloveweddings

I want to learn how to make these roses and I'm sure others will want to know how to as well. They are really neat! Does anyone know of any instructions? Do these types of roses have a certain name?

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1227866

It's basically a rosette. Try using one of the larger star tip instead of the small star tip.

Cake_Princess Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 5:19pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:

It's basically a rosette. Try using one of the larger star tip instead of the small star tip.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 5:29pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeshoppe

thanks jkalman. but i have tried it more than twice. should i be pushing out the same amount of icing as when i do swirls? i tend to skimp on frosting when someone else has to eat it. LOL

thanks for posting that info, maimai!

Yes.. you want to use a good amount of icing, but not so much that it builds up on itself. Try squeezing the piping bag and keeping your piping hand still and moving the cupcake around to make the swirl. That will help for seeing how it works.. and it's easier to manipulate the cupcake evenly than it is to squeeze the bag and keep it even. icon_smile.gif You can make them on large flower nails too to practice. icon_smile.gif

Cake_Princess Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 5:31pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:

maimai16 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 2:29am
post #16 of 17

youre welcome cupcakeshoppe! icon_biggrin.gif

actually my dh is really good in piping... he dont even have training for it... i guess some people have that skill naturally lol

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 7:05pm
post #17 of 17

Yes - I received the instructions for the cupcake bouquet from cinjam. She does use the tip 1M. She recommends starting at the center and swirling towards the outside edge of the cupcake. Also she recommends only swirling with your wrist not your whole arm. I tried my first bouquet according to her instuctions and it came out great!!
Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%