Thank You......

Decorating By Cyndi1207 Updated 1 Sep 2008 , 4:46pm by Cyndi1207

Cyndi1207 Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 4:56am
post #1 of 15

.......to all of you on this site that made it possible for me to get to where I am today. Numerous of you have posted how-tos, tips, lessons, tutorials, recipes and so on. When I came across this site all I knew how to do was pipe stars onto a cake and I didn't even do that very well....(reference-first pic I uploaded icon_redface.gif ). I've learned everything I know about decorating from this site and this site alone. Taking all this information and inspiration allowed me to improve on this "talent" that I didn't even know I posessed. Now by the end of September my shop which will be called "Neptune Cakes" should be open for business. Words could not express not only how excited and nervous I am...........but also how much I appreciate everything you all have done for me here on CakeCentral. I love you all and can't wait to share all the highs and lows with you just like I love reading about everyone else's experiences. Again, THANKS A MILLION!!! thumbs_up.gif

Cyndi

14 replies
StephW Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 5:25am
post #2 of 15

WOW - how wonderful for you! I certainly hope you will share pics of your new shop too so we can see it. It's great that you have taught yourself so much. I looked at your cakes and you have a great talent Cyndi. You may have gotten some help from CC - but don't sell yourself short - you have the talent and the drive that is necessary to be successful. thumbs_up.gif

Congratulations Cyndi!

Cyndi1207 Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 5:52am
post #3 of 15

OH.....thanks so much!!! I have to admit that every since we began the process I've been so emotional (no I'm not pregnant......that was my mother's first reaction..Lol). Thanks for your wonderful words. Hey sometimes you need those to reassure yourself......right? Right!

SugarFrosted Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 6:00am
post #4 of 15

Congratulations, Cyndi! That's fabulous!
And you do lovely work!

all4cake Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 6:21am
post #5 of 15

That is FANTASTIC! Congratulaaaaaaaaaations!

tonedna Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 6:48am
post #6 of 15

CC is awesome!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

bashini Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 8:59am
post #7 of 15

Wow! what a great news. Congrdulations Cyndi. I just had a look at your photos. THey are wonderful.

And I totaly agree with you. CC is Fantastic.

Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

DebraDough Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 10:04am
post #8 of 15

Wow! Congratulations! I am brand new to this site but been doing cakes for hmmm 43 years. I started when I was twelve ( yeah now you know how old I am). My idea of fun at twelve was making a mock wedding cake. I have made fifty to sixty wedding cakes and have never been paid yet. CC is giving me the courage to hang out a shingle and open shop. The only speciality cakes in my town are the supermarket type. I am so happy to be part of the CC family. You are all amazing. I want to add my thanks to Cyndi's. Oh and I'll say a little prayer for your new venture.

grama_j Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 10:55am
post #9 of 15

WOW!!! I'm sooo happy for you ! I jsut looked at your cakes and they are GREAT ! You are going to do FANTASTIC with your new shop ! CONGRATS !!! thumbs_up.gif

StephW Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 1:44pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi1207

Thanks for your wonderful words. Hey sometimes you need those to reassure yourself......right? Right!

That's exactly what your CC friends are for! And I don't care who it is - we all need reassurance sometimes. I'm willing to bet even the cake 'superstars' need it too at times!

Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 1:54pm
post #11 of 15

Congratulations Cyndi!!! Your cakes are wonderful and you will be very successful!!

Dixiegal01 Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 1:54pm
post #12 of 15

Cyndi, your cake photos are awesome, you will definately succeed, I'm so happy for you!!!! You Go Girl....can't wait to hear more about your venture!

Paula

michellesArt Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:02pm
post #13 of 15

oh i'm going to be the first to admit that i'm drooling a bit in jealousy-good not bad!! i'm so excited for you and wish i could follow in your footsteps one day-cc has definately encouraged many to be better and take a chance (knowing you have friends to turn to and a shoulder to cry on) it's been a wonderful source of inspiration too-way to go cyndi icon_smile.gif

Tatusky Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:26pm
post #14 of 15

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Cyndi1207 Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 4:46pm
post #15 of 15

Thanks everyone for the nice words!!! Michellesart---I know exactly how you feel----I felt the same way when I would read about other members opening their own shops.....Lol.

Again--Thanks everyone!! CC is awesome!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%