Please Help!!!!!!

Decorating By hails Updated 1 Sep 2008 , 3:26am by hails

hails Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:58am
post #1 of 8

Hi to all,
hope you are having a great labor day weekend,
Please guys I really need your help I have been asked to make a cake for a breast cancer benefit to be held at a winery. I have hit a blank as far as ideas go, I don't want to make the typical pink ribbon cake pan, however of course, I will include it somehow. I have searched on=line to find ideas for this cake but with NO results. This means allot to me and I would love to make the perfect cake.I am not a expert at making cakes just self taught and love making other people happy with my cakes. So I will not be able to make anything too difficult. So please if anyone can suggest anything or tell me where I can search for images I would appreciate it.Thanks in advance have a great evening

7 replies
jibbies Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:08am
post #2 of 8

Check out this link.
Since it's at a winery maybe you could do grapes, wine barrels, and incorporated the pink ribbon.
Hope this helps

inspireddecorator Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:12am
post #3 of 8

Hi There

Not sure how large you need to make the cake. But you could go 11x15 double layered with a 8" round on top of that covered in white icing or fondant. Either pink and white roses or pink lillies kind of cascading down that would be kind of surrounding the pink ribbon breast cancer symbol. Lite pink border with symbols in each corner or a rose bud.

Or you could go with 2x10" with 2x6" (kind of wedding cake style) and have your flowers on that. I know you said you just wanted to incorporate the symbol, but you could use that symbol as an accent around your piped border. I don't know how else you could decorate in a fun way. Because of the pink, I just think of pretty flowers as a symbol so to speak.

That's my 2 cents. Sorry I couldn't think of anything more original.

Kazoot Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:13am
post #4 of 8

What if you just made a really pretty pink and white cake and put ribbons around the sides of the cake instead of having that be the main focus. Maybe you could put silk flowers and writing on the top and the ribbons on the sides. HTH

this-mama-rocks Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:20am
post #6 of 8

tutugirl made a beautiful pink varigated cake; you could replace the centers of the scrollwork with small pink ribbons. A small basket of pink-ish grape clusters for the topper or clusters of sugared grapes around the bottom tier would tie in the winery element.

woodthi32 Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:23am
post #7 of 8

oh oh oh! Do grapevines and have pink ribbons hanging from some (or all I guess) of the random vines in place of the bunch of grapes. Then a glass of wine off to the side (with wine in it of course, maybe pink??). or maybe they are all creeping around the glass? just some thoughts I would start with if it were me...........

hails Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 3:26am
post #8 of 8

I love you guys, thanks so much for all your brilliant ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%