Is There A September Throwdown?

Decorating By Trixyinaz Updated 27 Nov 2008 , 1:25am by kellertur

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 1:09am
post #1 of 16

I would love to do one. I'm still a beginner (been decorating since March '0icon_cool.gif and would love to take on a challenge to try and push myself to do something I ordinarily wouldn't do.

Anyone?

15 replies
DesignerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignerCakes Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 2:53am
post #2 of 16

Whats involved in a throwdown? How does it work? Are there rules or something posted somewhere?

Trixyinaz Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 16

I'm not sure. That's what I want to find out too.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:11am
post #4 of 16

From what I can remember you just have to challenge someone and if they accept you need to find someone who will post for you. I just did a search and here are the rules:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-583291-throwdown.html+rules

HTH!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:21am
post #5 of 16

I might be interested in a TD? I don't know if I'm up for it... I'm just getting back into cakes after my third daughter was born so I'm rusty and wasn't that good to begin with.

Trixyinaz Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 16

Thanks for that link Parm. Since we missed the Sept. 1st start date, I'd be willing to do an October TD. The winner of the challenge is up for another challenge so I just PM'd her.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 12:17am
post #7 of 16

Best of luck Vicki!

I'm looking forward to seeing the cakes! icon_smile.gif

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 1:49am
post #8 of 16

I would love to do a throwdown if anyone is interested!! Sounds like so much fun

armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 9:11pm
post #9 of 16

I might be up for one. What kind of a theme do you have in mind?

Teresa

Trixyinaz Posted 13 Sep 2008 , 11:34am
post #10 of 16

I have my TD partner for October. Maybe DoubleCZ and Army Wife should compete against each other.

Thanks Xstitcher....I'll need all the luck in the world going up against Stephanie.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 17 Sep 2008 , 5:38pm
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixyinaz

I have my TD partner for October. Maybe DoubleCZ and Army Wife should compete against each other.

Thanks Xstitcher....I'll need all the luck in the world going up against Stephanie.

Whoa - hold your horses there, Vicki. I'm the one looking for the luck!! You can't use it all up icon_wink.gif

Seriously, anyone can challenge someone to a TD; you just need someone to post for you - it's a lot of fun, a bit stressfull, but having some stress on you is what really pushes us to try to excell at so many things in life. Challenge away - you won't regret doing it and its great for the rest of us to see the cakes or cookies from the TDs.

Trixyinaz Posted 2 Oct 2008 , 2:38pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixyinaz

Whoa - hold your horses there, Vicki. I'm the one looking for the luck!! You can't use it all up icon_wink.gif

LOL. I think you are bit more skilled than me; therefore, I think I deserve more luck than you icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

It's October 2nd and I haven't done anything for this cake yet. I need to get my but in gear.

I hope other's decided to do an October TD. It's so fun looking at all the pics.

??? Why don't they post the TD in this forum (Contest forum) instead of the General Forum. I would think a TD is a contest so why isn't over here? ???

Good luck Stephanie! Can't wait to see what you have created!

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 5:58pm
post #13 of 16

I'd also love to do a TD.... I may get slaughtered, but it would be a lot of fun. icon_biggrin.gif

Galler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galler Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 6:12pm
post #14 of 16

Sounds like fun!

Trixyinaz Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 8:06pm
post #15 of 16

All you have to do is find someone that you want to challenge. Try to find someone with the same skill level as you. I'd be more than happy to host the throwdown for you. The next one starts Dec. 1. Photos' would need to be submitted by the 3rd Saturday of the month.

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 27 Nov 2008 , 1:25am
post #16 of 16

This may be an inane question, but how do you find people of the "same" level? Do we just look around and take an educated guess? icon_confused.gif I don't want to insult anyone, because I'm self-taught and have only been doing this for a couple of years... I just hope no one gets offended when I assume they are of the same level as me... Perhaps I'm over thinking this... icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for offering to host icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%