Can I Show You My First Cake?

Decorating By Lucia27 Updated 1 Sep 2008 , 2:47am by pugmama1

Lucia27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lucia27 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 4

Here's my first cake in a very long long time... (other than the character pan cakes I've done for my daughter's birthday. It's to celebrate my annivesary - 5 years of wedded bliss!!

I wanted it to look like our wedding cake, and I think I came relatively close!

http://www.mindspring.com/~lsarlo/cake.jpg

The cake topper is from my grandparents wedding in 1945. It sat on our cake table when we got married!

Thank you to everyone here! I've been lurking for weeks and have learned so much from you all: WASC, crusting buttercream, VIVA smoothng method... I'm sure that I'll be posting more as I try to get some practice in.

I had tried to make a fondant loop bow, and it came out terrible. I think I'll be investing in some Wilton fondant to practice - you all are right - that's all it is good for!

Well, off to get ready for dinner with my husband. Heaven help us if we're not back in time to have cake before my daugther goes to bed! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

3 replies
luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 4

Very nice work. I love that you used your grandparents topper. So charming.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 4

Hi Lucia,

Your cake looks great, my parents were also married in 1945, I wish they had saved their cake topper!

Happy Anniversary thumbs_up.gif

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 2:47am
post #4 of 4

Congratulations on your anniversary! It's a pretty cake and charming with the topper. Kind of charming to imagine just the two of you eating it too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%