Sunday Morning Disaster

Decorating By maude Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 8:55pm by maude

maude Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 5

I was in the process of decorating a cake this morning for someone who was driving a little over an hour to pick up the cake today. I asked my DH to put on a pot of water to make some tea. Well, he mistakenly turned on the wrong burner on the stove. My mixer was laying on the edge of the one he turned on. The next thing I know flames are shooting up from the stove and my mixer is on fire. If that wasn't bad enough when he threw the mixer into the sink black ashes started flying in the air and landed everywhere including the cake. I am thankful that it was just the mixer that caught fire and not the kitchen, but I had to call my customer, who thank goodness is a good friend and explain why he couldn't get his cake.
What a morning!

4 replies
keljo05 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 5

oh no! glad you're ok though. sounds like quite a scary moment.

sweetcravings Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 5

OMG..what a way to start the day! Sorry to hear that you had to go through all of that. I'm glad to hear that the customer was understanding. It goes to show you we are human too..things happen.
I hope the mixer wasn't too expensive.
Hopefully the rest of your day is uneventful.


Deb_ Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 8:46pm
post #4 of 5

Dear Maude,

Glad your o.k., the mixer can be replaced.....and that ladies is exactly why I don't allow my DH in the kitchen or near my cakes icon_wink.gif

maude Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 5

Yea, lesson learned about DH in the kitchen. LOL. Thank goodness it was an inexpensive handheld mixer and it was the only thing damaged.

Quote by @%username% on %date%