Cookie Stamping

Baking By Jopalis Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 3:56pm by Jopalis

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 6:11am
post #1 of 5

Is ffondant the only covering that can be used for cookie stamping? Can you use rolled buttercream? I didn't think you could paint on that though... Just wondering. Thank you so much!

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 1:56pm
post #2 of 5

You could use dry royal icing. I don't know about the rolled buttercream, if you have some left over give it a try just on the buttercream itself. I'm thinking the grease in the rbc might hinder the transfer of color.

AZCakeGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 2:27pm
post #3 of 5

If it is just an impression, I think you could do it with even regular buttercream as long as you wait for it to crust. I think rolled buttercream would work fine too.

peg818 - I thought stamping was just an impression, how do you do it with color? Do you paint the stamp before putting it on, if so, then what are the advantages over just painting the cookie itself?

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 5

I've used regular rubber stamps for cookies, just paint with some food coloring to stamp the design on the cookie, then fill in with powdered colors or regular colors if you want. Its really just another technique that i've played with. My all time favorite for cookies is stenciling though.

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 5

Been looking at sweetstampins website.... awesome cookies. They all appear to be done on fondant. Peg do you use fondant? I thought about RBC and just now I am wondering about marzipan. I think it might taste better but some say fondant on a cookie is ok. Normally don't like fondant.

Peg...any pics of your cookies? So you stencil and stamp?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%