Is This A Petal Shaped Pan Or Separate Round Pans???

Decorating By vanillafairy Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 1:58pm by vanillafairy

vanillafairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vanillafairy Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:36am
post #1 of 7

I´m planning to do a similar version of this cake, but I´m not sure if this is a petal shaped pan or not??? And if they are separate round pans, what is underneath the second layer, I mean for support????
LL

6 replies
PollyMaggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PollyMaggs Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:51am
post #2 of 7

I'm just a newbie but it doesnt look like a petal pan to me, there is a space between the "petals" where the flowers are., and I would use the sps system for that one for support.
Hope that helps and good luck,
Polly

maisyone2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisyone2 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:53am
post #3 of 7

Those are 6in cakes set close together. I've done several cakes similar to this structure. The larger round that sits on top of the small cakes I put on a separator plate. The gap in the middle of the 6in rounds I usually put a styrofoam craft block equal to their heigth. I also put a dowel in each little cake where the separator plate will sit. This all gives it great support.

HTH
Gayle

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:53am
post #4 of 7

Yep, thats definitely 4 or 5 separate rounds. You set them all on the board and use your usual support system as though they were one tier.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:55am
post #5 of 7

That looks like 4 rounds but they appear to be 8" since the top tier is smaller then the base cakes. I really like the look of this. icon_smile.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 4:02am
post #6 of 7

i agree with CakeDiver73

vanillafairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vanillafairy Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 1:58pm
post #7 of 7

thank you everyone I thought they were separate but was not sure thanks again thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%