Is This A Petal Shaped Pan Or Separate Round Pans???

Decorating By vanillafairy Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 1:58pm by vanillafairy

vanillafairy Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:36am
post #1 of 7

I´m planning to do a similar version of this cake, but I´m not sure if this is a petal shaped pan or not??? And if they are separate round pans, what is underneath the second layer, I mean for support????

6 replies
PollyMaggs Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:51am
post #2 of 7

I'm just a newbie but it doesnt look like a petal pan to me, there is a space between the "petals" where the flowers are., and I would use the sps system for that one for support.
Hope that helps and good luck,

maisyone2 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:53am
post #3 of 7

Those are 6in cakes set close together. I've done several cakes similar to this structure. The larger round that sits on top of the small cakes I put on a separator plate. The gap in the middle of the 6in rounds I usually put a styrofoam craft block equal to their heigth. I also put a dowel in each little cake where the separator plate will sit. This all gives it great support.

KoryAK Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:53am
post #4 of 7

Yep, thats definitely 4 or 5 separate rounds. You set them all on the board and use your usual support system as though they were one tier.

CakeDiva73 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:55am
post #5 of 7

That looks like 4 rounds but they appear to be 8" since the top tier is smaller then the base cakes. I really like the look of this. icon_smile.gif

icer101 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 4:02am
post #6 of 7

i agree with CakeDiver73

vanillafairy Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 1:58pm
post #7 of 7

thank you everyone I thought they were separate but was not sure thanks again thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%