Pretty Finger Foods Other Than Desserts For 50Th Anniversary

Lounge By jjandhope Updated 3 Sep 2008 , 4:30pm by michellenj

jjandhope Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 1:40am
post #1 of 7

My husband is planning a 50th wedding anniversary party for his parents. The cake and the main dish are already provided, but I am thinking of making a very pretty table with additional pretty items (the cake could be on this table as well).

I need some help with ideas. I think I can come up with the dessert items, but the other finger food cute items, I'm not sure about. I want to do something other than what I would normally do (ie chips and queso, cheese ball and crackers, etc.) Any help would be appreciated.

6 replies
kakeladi Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 1:50am
post #2 of 7

Here's an appitizer you might like:
cut cucumbers into thick circles. Hollow out a hole in the center, but not all the way thru; fill w/crab salad (well drained).

Fill celery stick w/peanut butter OR cream cheese using a star tip zigzag.

Mini pastry shells filled w/tuna salad.

TexasSugar Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 1:55am
post #3 of 7

Someone asked about ideas for a tea paerty a few months ago. You may want to look for that post to get some more ideas.

Fruit - If you want it finger friendly you can place a few pieces on small skewers.

Tea Sandwichs - Using chicken salad, tuna or cucumber salad and white and wheat bread. Cut the crusts off then cut them in to 1/4th.

Crosant Sandwichs - If you can find the small/mini crosants you can use different sandwich meats and cheese to make small sandwichs. When we do these we spread a little butter on them instead of mustard/mayo.

Tarts - If you can find tart shells you can put almost anything in them, sweet or savory, and have an easy one/two bite goodie.

jjandhope Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 3:56am
post #4 of 7

Thanks..I'm going to save this thread and check often. It could turn into a nice collection that many people could use. Thanks again!

Curtsmin24 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 4:15am
post #5 of 7

you can buy or make your own puff pastry and cut into small squares with a piece of shrimp inside and bake it. They are really unexpected and classy and yummy. You can pretty much fill the puff pastry with anything from apples to ground beef and there are some really neat designs to make them look different. google puff pastry and you should be able to see the different images.

Or you can go to a sams club or bj's or costco and buy the premade ones in bulk. They aren't bad but making your own you can flavor them and do a nice little variety. Maybe indydebi can help you. I believe she is in the catering business so i'm sure with her creativity you will be in good hands.

SS385Monte Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:05pm
post #6 of 7

Mini-skewers make a good presentation. You can put a cube of meat (ham, turkey, etc.) and a cube of cheese on a toothpick if you want simple or beef and green pepper or onion if you want something a little fancier. There's all sorts of possibilities for skewers.

michellenj Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 4:30pm
post #7 of 7

Are you looking for something that can be at room temp for a while, or in a chafer?

Quote by @%username% on %date%