Icing

Decorating By Traci9130 Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 1:29am by Staceface81

Traci9130 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Traci9130 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 12:45am
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone...Yes, it's me again...lol...Quick question. any time I have made a cake, I have used buttercream because it can stay at room temp overnight and throughout the party and I don't have to worry. Problem is, I am not crazy about buttercream...It's okay, but I really love a cream cheese frosting. Because I will be covering this cake with fondant, I cannot put it in the fridge. Would I be able to use a cream cheese frosting or any other frosting for that matter, for a cake that will be sitting out overnight and the full day of the party (the cake will be indoors) or do I have to use a buttercream? Any ideas?

2 replies
Tweedie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedie Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 12:51am
post #2 of 3

I've never done it before myself because I haven't needed to, but there are plenty of people on this site that put their fondant cakes in the fridge and say they have no problems with it. I have heard that it will sweat sometimes and to blow a fan on it to help get rid of the condensation as it comes to room temp.

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 1:29am
post #3 of 3

I just used a recipe this week for shelf stable cream cheese icing. It was very easy to work with and it did fine sitting out.........it was out 6+ hours. Here is the link:

http://www.earlenescakes.com/icings.htm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%