Just At My Local Grocery Store And Holy Cow!! Cake Prices!!

Decorating By Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 1

I just went over to my local grocery store to get Betty Crocker cake mixes which are on 10 for 10.00 this week thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif and you guys are going to crack up but I bought a small and I mean small 8 inch birthday cke for my Mom..I know...I know.... icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif I had 6 cakes go out this weekend and honestly didn't feel like making another one so I thought..what the heck! I just about died when I saw how much they have raised their prices in the bakery...Now I realize everything has gone up in the last 2 years but you sure don't get much for your money there!! The 9x13 SINGLE layer slab cake is now $24.99 with nothing on it...white/chocolate icing and a colored border.Any of the small round cakes are one layer maybe with a bit of ganache on it for $16.99....The Decopac 3D cake kits are now $59.99...less than a year ago were $49.99...and they are not very nicely decorated...an fancy sort of 8 inch cheesecakes or black forest cakes are $16.99...single layer about 2.5 inches high..the 9x13 black forset slab was $34.99 and single layer also...Man...I can't believe it..so it has got me thinking that after Christmas I am gonna raise my prices ever so slightly again!! Gotta get paid more for my time !! icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gif

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%