San Diego Ices 2010

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 2 Sep 2008 , 1:14pm by Jovy

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 6

I know this is a long way off. I am trying to plan ahead. Since I will be moving to Irvine in September. I was thinking of taking the AMTRAK from Anaheim Disnyland to San Diego. Has any California CC members taken that route?

I know the ICES 2010 is 2 years from know but my new york cake friends we plan on flying to Orange County. Then they will stay at my home in Irvine. One of my Irvine Neighhors plans to drive us to Disneyland (He works at the Anaheim Convention) and we plan to take the Amtrak to San Diego and return.

If anyone cc california members are interested to take the train PM me. Maybe we could get a group to go and Amtrak can give us a discount.

Stacie (BundtDiva)

5 replies
luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 2:57am
post #2 of 6

Ya know, it shouldn't take you more than 2 hours if you drive from Irvine to San Diego. Had you thought of that?? Just thinking.

cerasmiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cerasmiles Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 3:19am
post #3 of 6

I have taken that Amtrak route many times. I live in Ontario California and usually catch the train from Fullerton. I highly recomend it. It's relaxing, NO TRAFFIC and most of the trip is coastal so its really beautiful. You see parts of the ocean that you would not normally see unless you hiked.

jackmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackmo Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 3:26am
post #4 of 6

Hi! My sister lives in oceanside. What is the date?

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 4:51am
post #5 of 6

I know it is a long way off. I will be living in Irvine in 2010. My New york cake buddies are flying to Orange County. Staying at my home. Then our neighbor will drive us to Anaheim to take the AMTRAK to San Diego.

The ICES is two years from now but I am planning ahead. I'm just planing this trip for my East Coast friends. I was just wondering if any cc members that live in the Orange County area may want to join us on the Amtrak Train trip. I looked at the calendar and know most ICES demos start Thursday through Sunday. We plan to take the train on Wednesday and return Sunday night.

I prefer to take trains than drive. My cake friends and I love to take train rides when we can.

Jovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jovy Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 1:14pm
post #6 of 6

I can wait for this convention...my sis is moving next year to San Diego so I have a place to stay... but she does not know my plans yet...shhshhshhsicon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%