What To Do...what To Do!

Decorating By amoos Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 8:53pm by diamond008

amoos Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 14

Ok, so I'm probably going a little overboard (ok, ALOT overboard) for my little boy's 1st b/day, but I just can't help it! I've gone a little nutz with the cake ideas, so I'm turning to the pro's of CC to help me out icon_smile.gif

His theme is cupcakes: http://www.celebrateexpress.com/celebration/pages/products/Product_BD.aspx?pageID=1&vw=asthumb&sort=sort13&TabID=4294967146&N=4294967145&SKU=E2286 (for a visual)

and I can't decide b/w 2 ideas of cakes.......what do you think?

1. Tiered cake of large "cupcake." Similar to: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1217372.html But obviously in his colors. Sizes would be either 10-8-6-4 or a combo of 3 of those with a 4in smash "cupcake" Also thought about putting a wilton bear (mini bear pan) holding a big #1 at the bottom or on the cake somewhere and maybe his name "DAEGEN" placed on it somewhere.

OR

2. A cupcake tower. Similar to: http://www.cupcaketree.com/information.php?info_id=9 This would be the stand I would order and I like the 3rd row 3rd one, but put a large "cupcake" on the top with a cupcake smash cake. Of course, different flavors with icing colors and a nice set up.

I'm not worried about having too much cake as my hubby works with ALOT of single guys that are always hungry and always willing to eat leftovers. I just want to have an awesome and impressive cake.

Sorry for it being so long but I just can't decide!!! I LOVE BOTH IDEAS, haha.

So, which would you choose???? Or do you have a better suggestion???

THANK YOU!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
amoos Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 14

No advice from anyone!??? What's a girl to do??? icon_cry.gif

amy2197 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 14

love the second one! giving you a bump!

amoos Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:12pm
post #4 of 14

Thank you amy!! I think now I'm leaning towards that one.....maybe it'll be a little easier to serve as well icon_smile.gif (And thanks for the bump as well). Hey are you guys close to Ft. Rucker?

jibbies Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 14

I checked out all the links. I like the idea of a giant cupcake on top of the cake like the first pic, but instead of stacked cupcakes you could do the other tiers to match the party goods. One striped and one polka dots. Then you could do a jumbo cupcake for the smash cake. I don't have anything against bears but there isn't one on the party goods. Hope this helps.

Jibbies

feliciangel Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:24pm
post #6 of 14

I like the cup cake tower idea too....here's another bump

chassidyg Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:24pm
post #7 of 14

I love the 2nd idea, very cute idea!

Ariginal Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:27pm
post #8 of 14

hmmm i like the idea of a giant cupcake cake on the top of the cupcakes stand with all the baby cupcakes just my 2cents worth hehee.. cant wait to seewhat you end up doing.. have fun

amoos Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:27pm
post #9 of 14

Thanks jibbies....the only reason I thought about the bear is b/c I had originally planned on doing a pumpkins & teddy bears party (oct. baby) and already bought the pan, lol. I like the idea about mixing up the designs though!

koalabear Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:29pm
post #10 of 14

I Love the First one!! You go girl! The first birthday is so special.

MikeRowesHunny Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:32pm
post #11 of 14

I like the second idea too, but the 5th picture in the last link, combines both your ideas (giant cupcake with smaller cupcakes), maybe that would be a 3rd option? Not much help, am I?!

amoos Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:38pm
post #12 of 14

Bonjovibabe, I didn't even notice that one!! Thanks for pointing it out to me, although I love the set up for the other one...display style & colors.

I think I'm starting to go cupcake crazy!!!! icon_smile.gif

amoos Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:41pm
post #13 of 14

Thanks for everyone's input.......how funny is it that I can make major "life" decisions for my family yet I need to see a shrink over a BIRTHDAY CAKE! HAHAHAHA

Hubby likes the "cupcake" idea too....said it will be easier to feed screaming children icon_smile.gif

Just want to say how much I love CC!

diamond008 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:53pm
post #14 of 14

I like the second idea too.. You have so many colors you can pull from. Cuter idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%