How Would You Improve On This Cake??

Decorating By amytracy1981 Updated 1 Sep 2008 , 1:02am by shadowgypsie

amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:19am
post #1 of 9

Ok I have someone that wants me to make them the Happy Bunny cake below (not mine, found on google). But they want the cake in his hands to pop out. Any suggestions on how to do this? Any other suggestions on how to improve upon this cake are welcome.
LL

8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:26am
post #2 of 9

Bake a cupcake; cut in 1/2 - instant popout cakeicon_smile.gif
OR if you have any cake scraps you can mix them w/a bit of b'cream into a sort of paste and pile it on, shaping w/a spatula.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:28am
post #3 of 9

Bake a 6"round, cut it in half, stack and ice it and lay it cut side down on the cake. The TNT candle can be sticking into the top of the cake.

hummingbird59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hummingbird59 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:30am
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

Bake a cupcake; cut in 1/2 - instant popout cakeicon_smile.gif
OR if you have any cake scraps you can mix them w/a bit of b'cream into a sort of paste and pile it on, shaping w/a spatula.

Had the same thought of small cake cut in half just don't forget to add some type of candle. Maybe a candy stick or fondant.

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:37am
post #5 of 9

then you could make his hands out of fondant and put them around the cake. that would be cute

amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 2:41pm
post #6 of 9

I love the idea of the 6 in round cut in half with his little hands holding onto it. Then the candle could be actually coming off the cake and I could put on of those sparkler candles in it.
But now that I am reading her email again it just says "make the cake pop out more" not the cake in his hands. What if she means the whole bunny? What would you do then?
I emailed her back to clarify what she meant.

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:11pm
post #7 of 9

Sounds like she wants the cake to be a different color to define it more, making it pop out

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 12:32am
post #8 of 9

id give it a nice shell border too

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 1:02am
post #9 of 9

You could put the picture on a black background that will make the picture pop out more.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%