Can You Use Pudding-In-The-Mix Cake Mixes For The Wasc Cake?

Decorating By FlourPots Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 1:19pm by kakeladi

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 2:46am
post #1 of 9

Will it work for white and chocolate? My sister brought me the mixes b/c the cake I'm making is for her son's first b'day, but she got Pillsbury which has a cup of pudding in the mix for moistness. Should I exchange these?

8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:07am
post #2 of 9

Since I'm the originator of the recipe I guess I'm the best one to answer thisicon_smile.gif
I have used Duncn Hines (DH) & Betty Crocker (BC) w/o provlems. I cannot remember for sure if I have ever used Pillsbury. BC also has pudding in the mix. The cake should turn out fine if you follow the recipe completely icon_smile.gif

MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:19am
post #3 of 9

I use Pillsbury with the pudding all the time for all WASC and have no problems. They turn out moist and yummy

FlourPots Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:20am
post #4 of 9

Thanks for replying...I'll proceed with the mixes then.

How cool, to have created such a well received recipe!

FlourPots Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 7:25am
post #5 of 9

PS...Can either of you tell me what brand of cocoa you use...my sis purchased Hershey's unsweetened...will that do?

junny629 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
junny629 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:25am
post #6 of 9

kakeladi, since you are the originator of WASC, you will be the perfect person to help me out...... Is it true that WASC does rise as much as regular cake? If so, how much batter do you put in a pan? Follow the pan instruction or more?

Thanks

kakeladi Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 9:42pm
post #7 of 9

.........tell me what brand of cocoa you use...my sis purchased Hershey's unsweetened.......
Exactly what you needicon_smile.gif

......Is it true that WASC does rise as much as regular cake? If so, how much batter do you put in a pan? .......
Yes, it does rise as much as any other cake mix.
I always fill my pans 2/3rds full - about 1 & 1/2" up the side of the pan.
I bake most of my cakes at 300 degrees for 1/2 the time, then turn it up to 325 for the remaining time. How many minutes that is depends on the siZe of the pan. Bake your cakes until you can smell themicon_smile.gif If it has pulled away from the sides it is probably overbaked.

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 9:39am
post #8 of 9

kakeladi,
I clicked on your website link and it comes up:

"Hmmm, We Can't Find that Page...
The page you're looking for might have been moved or deleted. Or, perhaps the Web address is misspelled?"

Just wondering if you have the correct link? icon_smile.gif
Thanks
Susie

kakeladi Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 1:19pm
post #9 of 9

I was unaware there was a link to a webpage as I don't have one. Check out my photos on this site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%