Twice Baked Potatoes Are Better Than Twice Baked Cake!

Decorating By jamhays Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 10:59pm by Deb_

jamhays Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 6

I was running late last night with dinner, so I called my son to go ahead and preheat the oven for the meatloaf I would be mixing up & throwing into the oven as soon as I could get in the door.

We forgot that I had a 1/2 sheet cake in the oven. When I came in, I smelled somthing strange. It was the masonite board that was curling up inside the oven w/the sheet cake on it. icon_surprised.gif

It all went in the trash.

5 replies
ceshell Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 6

icon_sad.gif. I've only almost done that to fondant figures. Now I always put a post-it note on the oven knob (with extra tape!) to ensure this doesn't happen. Sorry about your board and cake; hope the oven was ok!

twooten173 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 6

And of course no one in your house smelled that strange odor and decided they should investigate. icon_confused.gif Sounds just like my DH.

Texas_Rose Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 11:06pm
post #4 of 6

I hang a small cookie cutter over the oven knob to remind myself that I have things in the oven.

I only have to worry about myself one else in my house is ambitious enough to turn on the oven.

VannaD Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 6

Speaking of husbands, i once prepared chicken, put it in the fridge with a lid, and left. i called DH later and asked him to put the chicken in the oven, i walk in the door and immediately smell something...burning plastic. I run to the oven and Dh didnt take the plastic lid off the chicken, yeah there was melted purple plastic all over our dinner, we laughed then and we still laugh now. Husbands...

Deb_ Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 10:59pm
post #6 of 6

Texas Rose one else in my house is ambitious enough to turn on the oven.

Well, no one else in MY house KNOWS HOW to turn on the oven icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%