Mock Whipped Cream Frosting & Fondant Acents

Decorating By punkyf Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 12:31am by punkyf

punkyf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkyf Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 5

Getting ready to frost a Banana Cake and was thinking about using the Mock Whipped Cream Frosting. I want to put fondant stripes and some other accents onto the cake plus a gum paste shoe on top. Would the fondant accents and shoe sink or slide off this frosting or should I just use a crusting buttercream to be safe?

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 5

Depends on how 'wet' the icing is and how thick you made the decos. I'm not fimiliar w/the name of the icing but I think it contains a 'slury' made from cooked flour then is basically a b'cream....
I would try to keep the shoe off until the last minute.

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 5

I agree, the stripes would be OK, and the shoe I would put on top of a little fondant disc. That icing is a real bugger to get off decorations that you may want to keep for awhile!

I use this type of icing all the time. It does work with fondant decorations, they just can't be real heavy.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 5

Good question, this is something I always wanted to know. Let us know how it turns out! Good luck.

punkyf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkyf Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 12:31am
post #5 of 5

Thanks, for your responses. I may just use butter cream on this one. I worked all week on the shoe and want the cake to look good for my Daughter's Birthday but will try the MWFrosting on another one. I wonder how this frosting would smooth?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%