I'm Completely Overwhelmed!!!

Lounge By sarahnichole975 Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 1:13pm by sarahnichole975

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 4:28pm
post #1 of 6

So da** Gustav continues to look like he wants to head way to close to us here in NOLA. We're making our arrangements, but it's very difficult because my DH has been out on workman's comp since July 3rd, and I'm not sure how many have dealt with that, but pay is less than half of normal. So things have been tight already, now all my orders, understandably enough have cancelled for this weekend and my ones for next week are starting to go on stand by. Hanna is threatening us as well, lots of people are contimplating just staying gone until both storms are gone or not threatening us. I have weddings the next two weeks. And the bottom line is that I just don't know how to go through all of this again.

Sorry, I'm just venting really.

I'd love to know what everyone else is doing. Those of you who can potentially be effected by these, please stay safe and take care. Do whatever you need to do to get out of harms way. I'll be missing my CC, because if we do have to leave, we'll go to my grandparent's in Alabama. They live in the boonies and have NO computer or internet. I'm gonna feel so cut off from the world!

5 replies
tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 6

You take care of yourself and stay safe. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

seasonsmoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seasonsmoke Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 6

I'm from Michigan and my thoughts are with you. Hope your husband feels better soon and is able to return to work. Hope you are able to make up for the cake orders you lost.

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 12:24am
post #4 of 6

Wherever you, and all those in your area go, our thoughts go with you. I hope that all of you stay safe.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 2:24am
post #5 of 6

Do what you can, sweetie, but remember that this is out of your control. I'd get the he!! out, since they are calling for an evac and deal with the fallout. Take care of yourself first. It's just cake.

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 1:13pm
post #6 of 6

So watching the news last night, they are calling for flooding coming up from the storm surge where I live. I'm on the westbank of the city, which where I am is a little south. We've gotten what we need if it looks like it will take a turn and we could ride it out. But hearing last night that our levees on this side of the river aren't ready and won't be until 2011 is really disheartening. I'm thinking unless it heads way far away, we'll be leaving for sure.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes. I'm still trying to be optimistic. Boy it sure is hard.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%