Does Anyone Know The Mini Cake Kit At Ices 07 ?

Decorating By phoenix13 Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 6:00pm by phoenix13

phoenix13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoenix13 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 4

Was anyone at ICES 07 and know of that kit on how to make mini cakes? I think it used candy coating in a 3 tier pan.you placed the cake in that mold and popped them out all nicely covered. I need to make 90 mini 3 tier cakes and I think the candy coating way might be the easiest way. Does anyone know what i mean or have any suggestions?

3 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 4

sounds like Kathy Scotts molds. Try [email protected]

pumpkin823 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkin823 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 4

The molds are by Kathy Scott. They come in round, square, and I think octagon. Her website is [url]www. sweetexpress.net.[/url] There should be a link to her ebay store were you can purchase the mold. It comes with cutters, plastic mold, and silicone shapes to use with fondant/gumpaste. I hope this is what you are looking for.

phoenix13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoenix13 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 4

Ooh...thats it! Do you guys think it may be easier to candy coat a 3 tier mini silicon mold so you dont have to do it one by one? Do you know what I mean. Hypothetically, it seems that it might be easier to just coat a three tier, put the cakes in, chill, turn out. Rather than coating each mini tier, for 90 mini cakes would = 270 pieces! Yikes. What do u think?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%