Cuisinart 7 Quart Mixer

Business By grammie8 Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 7:50pm by Mike1394

grammie8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammie8 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 3

My daughter and I have had a cake business for about 6 years. In that time, we have gone through 4 KitchenAid 6 quart mixers. (We do 30-40 cakes a week, which seems to be too much work for the KitchenAid.) We have had a 20 quart mixer that she uses for buttercream icing for about a year, and that seems to have extended the life of our current KitchenAid. We're thinking about buying a Cuisinart 7 quart mixer to use exclusively for cake batter. Would any of you who have a Cuisinart that you've used for awhile tell us what you think of it? We hate to invest that much money without additional information. Thanks for any help you can give us.

2 replies
MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 3

I would like to know, too. From their website and comparing features to KA, it seems like a better machine--I like that it has a larger bowl and a timer.

I asked for opinions a few months back and it seemed 50/50 at the time (I think it was the stainless steel case of KA that most preferred), but I'm sure more CCers have purchased one since then (?).

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 3

Everything compared to a KA is better. The old models were/are fine. The post Hobarts are junk. If your selling 30-40 cakes a week I would get an industrial machine, or mix them in the 20 qt.

Mike

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%