Cake Balls????

Decorating By Deb_ Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 8:13pm by fiddlesticks

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:09pm
post #1 of 7

Could somebody please explain what cake balls are and how you make them? icon_confused.gif

Thanks guys!

6 replies
Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:45pm
post #2 of 7

They are simply left over cake scraps, mixed up in a mixer, then add a little moisture to the mix such as frosting, coffee creamer, etc...until the mixture resembles cookie dough. Then you scoop up about a T. of the stuff, shape it into a ball, freeze, then dip in chocolate. TA-DA cake balls or as I like to call them, when I'm trying to be a bit sophisticated--Cake Truffles--sounds more classy don't ya think icon_smile.gif . I just recently started making them and they have truly been a hit everywhere I've taken them and people are actually buying them!!

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 7

Look on the homepage and you will see a tutorial on making cake balls, very easy.

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:09pm
post #4 of 7

Cake balls can also be made from a regular cake recipe. Make your fav. cake recipe and add frosting. When I first heard of them back in the day, I started w a simple box mix and a tub of frosting. Bake the cake, let it cool completely, then break it into little crumbles in a bowl. Add frosting, almost a tub, (probably 3/4 of it) and mix until totally incorporated. I find it easier to mix with my hands, not to mention more fun! thumbs_up.gif Then form into little balls and stick in fridge or freezer. Dip into melted chocolate and let set. Enjoy! Red velvet cake w cc frosting dipped in milk or dk choc, strawberry cake w vanilla frosting dipped in white choc. good luck!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 7

Those sound awesome.....what a great idea! Thanks everyone!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 7:56pm
post #6 of 7

Since we are on the topic of cake crumbs. Here comes a brief hijack. To make almond paste. Take same yellow cake crumbs, and add almond extract. A very cheap alternative.

Mike

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:13pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Mike !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%