What Happened To My Cake???

Decorating By smab109 Updated 1 Sep 2008 , 8:04pm by kakeladi

smab109 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smab109 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 11:56am
post #1 of 11

I have never had this happen before.... this is a 4inch cake, this is what I saw when I flipped it of the pan! It was done inside...but half of it was missing! This is a yellow cake from scratch, I sifted all ingredients, etc...anyone? This also happened to the 8inch cakes.
LL

10 replies
Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:05pm
post #2 of 11

Air bubbles?? Did you tap the pan on the counter before baking to get out any large air bubbles?? Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine hon. That sucks though. I hope someone else can offer more ideas!!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:05pm
post #3 of 11

yeah....that's weird! I dont know!

amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:07pm
post #4 of 11

no clue, but here's a bump!

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:21pm
post #5 of 11

Thats funny,I was making a 4in for my daughters smash cake and it did the same thing.And i always tap my pans for airbubbles.

kerririchards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerririchards Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:24pm
post #6 of 11

What the . . .???

Tootall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tootall Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:28pm
post #7 of 11

Well that's weird. Looks like it was baked in an angel food cake pan! icon_confused.gif How in the WORLD? Reminds me of the Cosby show, when he took a slice of cake he wasn't supposed to have, filled in the spot with paper towels and iced over it. icon_biggrin.gif Hope someone has an answer for you!

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:47pm
post #8 of 11

It looks like it wasn't done in the middle, but you said that it was? That is really weird!!!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:49pm
post #9 of 11

I've only had this happen when I overfill the pan. Now I carefully measure how much batter I put in and it no longer happens icon_smile.gif

CuteCakeName Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CuteCakeName Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 8:21pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootall

Well that's weird. Looks like it was baked in an angel food cake pan! icon_confused.gif How in the WORLD? Reminds me of the Cosby show, when he took a slice of cake he wasn't supposed to have, filled in the spot with paper towels and iced over it. icon_biggrin.gif Hope someone has an answer for you!

Oh my, that is my favorite episode ever, and no one else ever remembers it!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 8:04pm
post #11 of 11

Oh I had something similar happen once. It is a huge air bubble.
I had poured batter into the pan really fast and back then didn't know to pound out the bubbles. Even if I had I don't think such a big bubble would have come up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%