I Need Help With A Fairy Cake

Decorating By stephaniescakenj Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 8:59pm by liapsim

stephaniescakenj Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 4:36am
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone, I am making a fairy cake for this weekend. The mother of the birthday girl was a little unsure of what she wanted so we're doing Capt Hook so the boys will like it and fairies for the girls. I plan on doing chocolate transfers, it was a last minute order and that's the fastest thing I can think of to do. soooo anyway, I'm doing a CT of Hook fighting Peter Pan with an alligator under them on one side, then Tink on the other side with some flowers and then the top tier I am planning on attempting to make a fairy out of gumpaste/fondant that looks like the birthday girl and she will be sitting on a giant flower. this all make sense in my head, trust me : ) Anyway, last weekend I made a cake with a tree stump on grass, the mother really like the "natural colors" of that cake and wanted me to incorporate that somehow without making the same cake or anything similar for that matter and specifically mentioned a tree so I'm thinking that maybe on the top tier I could make a tree and sit the fairy under it but how do I make the tree? My first thought was take strong floral wire and wrap chocolate fondant around it to make the various shapes of the tree but how do I incorporate leaves or something that will make it look alive. All I can picture in my head is a dead tree sitting next to a haunted house. I need the tree to have some life. Anyone have any ideas?

2 replies
kakeladi Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 3

Use royal icing to pipe on some leaves w/tip 350/352. You might get by w/a good crusting b'cream but this is one time I think royal would be bettericon_smile.gif

liapsim Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 3

I would use the royal icing too....it hardens much quicker. Also, you might want to try a wooden dowel insstead of the wire just for stability....Happy Cakin'!

Quote by @%username% on %date%