Baby Bottle???

Decorating By Cynita Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 10:37am by foxymomma521

Cynita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynita Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:39am
post #1 of 6

I have a baby shower cake coming up. Customer wants baby sitting on top tier with a baby bottle, she also wants milk to drip from the bottle down the sides of the cake tiers. I will hand make the baby using 50/50(fondant/gumpaste), but what is the best way to make a baby bottle? Is there a mold for one, could I make a mold from a real baby bottle, what medium should I use? Also, I could use buttercream to simulate the milk dripping from the bottle, but do you recommend something else to give the dripping milk effect.

TIA,
Cynita

5 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:46am
post #2 of 6

countrykitchensa.com has a chocolate bottle mold. I used it for a baby shower cake I just did, it's in my pics. It's 4oz and life size and a big pain in the A**! I had to make it 3 times and it still wasn't perfect! Maybe if you used it for fondant instead of chocolate it would be easier? I'm no help with the spilled milk, but it sounds adorable! Good Luck!

Cynita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynita Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:07am
post #3 of 6

you could never tell that you had problems with any of it, it all looks great.

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:26am
post #4 of 6

I used the one from country kitchens with candy melts and had no problem at all. I used to make them with styro and gumpaste, that was a total PITA!

Marissaisabel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marissaisabel Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:27am
post #5 of 6

You could use white piping gel. It would have the look of milk dipping out of the bottle. Just an I idea. Good luck. icon_biggrin.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 10:37am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynita

you could never tell that you had problems with any of it, it all looks great.

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%