Bettercreme Fun!

Baking By Melvira Updated 28 Oct 2016 , 1:47am by kakebrown

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 9:11pm
post #31 of 1317

BTW, I was going to post those pix here, but it won't let me. Does anyone know why it would tell me I can't post jpegs in this forum? This has started happening ever since we got the new cupcake forum. But other people have posted pix here, I've seen them! (And I've tried other file extensions to no avail!)

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 9:57pm
post #32 of 1317

MEL!! Those are beautiful!! No wonder you are able to enslave people with them!!! icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 9:57pm
post #33 of 1317

Mel you are a sweet heart for doing this for us. Thank you so much and I can't post a picture either. icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 10:14pm
post #34 of 1317

Thanks you guys. Of course, I'm probably putting myself out of business! My only hope is that there aren't too many people here from my area. icon_rolleyes.gif I guess if I put myself out of business I'll have to develop a new thing to be good at, and then not share! Hahaha! No, if I put myself out of business, then I will definitely open the cake supply store needed to keep all my former competition in business! thumbs_up.gif See, there's the silver lining! Then I'll succeed vicariously through them.

farmom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmom3 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 10:30pm
post #35 of 1317

Thanks so much for sharing, thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 10:32pm
post #36 of 1317

Sorry to jump in this thread but i have a question about bettercreme. Is it safe for people with nut allergies? Has anyone called the company to inquire? My son has nut allergies so i always wonder these sort of things? It would be wonderful to find an alternate product for me to use when i just don't have the time to make my own buttercream.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 10:32pm
post #37 of 1317

OH good, And I was just about to order a couple Dozen of each flavor ! But now that I know the secret I guess I can make my own icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Thanks for sharing Buddy !

Melvira Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 10:56pm
post #38 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

OH good, And I was just about to order a couple Dozen of each flavor ! But now that I know the secret I guess I can make my own icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Thanks for sharing Buddy !

Har har Fiddle!!

As far as allergies... I am at a loss at to how this would affect someone with nut allergies, but since I don't have a nut allergy I don't know how that works. I don't know what ingredients would set it off. So, I guess in short, my answer is "I dunno". Sorry I am not of more help there.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 11:12pm
post #39 of 1317

Wow Mel, you have really started a great thread! Your cupcakes look great! Are the chocolate peanutbutter frosted with Bettercreme also? Is it falvored?

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 11:15pm
post #40 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Quote:

Har har Fiddle!!

As far as allergies... I am at a loss at to how this would affect someone with nut allergies, but since I don't have a nut allergy I don't know how that works. I don't know what ingredients would set it off. So, I guess in short, my answer is "I dunno". Sorry I am not of more help there.

I'm figuring there is probably no 'nut' products in the bettercreme, it's the manufacturing i'm worried about. Would it be made on the same line as something that contains nuts? Cross contamination is my worry.

Melvira Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 11:21pm
post #41 of 1317

Yes GrandmaG, they are! YUMMMM! Reese's syrup mixed with Bettercreme is a dessert all on it's own! Hahaha!

I see what you mean about cross contamination sweetcravings!! I hadn't thought of that. I am not sure if they make anything that contains nuts, so I think it would be a good idea to send them a request for info and find out! If you do... would you mind sharing any info you get in this thread?? It would be great for others who are curious to know!! Thanks!

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:56am
post #42 of 1317

Maybe I missed it but has any one tried a lime bettercreme or a choc coffee mocha?

Melvira Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:13am
post #43 of 1317
Quote:

Maybe I missed it but has any one tried a lime bettercreme or a choc coffee mocha?

Yes, and you MUST try the chocolate mocha!! I used Hershey's syrup and Torani Kahlua flavored syrup. Mmmmmm. That is MESSED UP GOOD! I'm telling you, you can do ANYTHING!!

ETA: Even though it's the end of the season, you may still be able to find Lime Snow Cone Syrup... that is good stuff too! That adds a little sweetness! Otherwise try one of the gourmet coffee syrups like Torani!

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:19am
post #44 of 1317

Thanks Mel. Did I miss it in your list and pictures ?

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:30am
post #45 of 1317

Khalua or even some mix instant coffee..yummy
Edna I have to try the hersheys coffee syrup!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:34am
post #46 of 1317

Edna dear how are ya !

tonedna Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 3:45am
post #47 of 1317

I am a little under the weather fiddlesticks..and six weddings..grr..but all in all ok
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

PJ37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PJ37 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 4:01am
post #48 of 1317

All these variations for Bettercream sound yummie. Thanks everyone for sharing!

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 4:12am
post #49 of 1317

Any suggestions on how long to whip the liquid to get to the right consistency? 10 minutes, 15 minutes?

Melvira Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 11:40am
post #50 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug

Any suggestions on how long to whip the liquid to get to the right consistency? 10 minutes, 15 minutes?

I wish I could say, but it can vary. Sometimes six minutes, sometimes longer, sometimes less. Oh boy... am I helpful or what?? icon_rolleyes.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:55pm
post #51 of 1317

Tug..I can tell you that you will know when its ready! Not said as a joke.. when its whipped to the right consistency you will look at it and say Oh its ready !

tonedna Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:44pm
post #52 of 1317

I know by the sound of KA...is like is trowing it side to side of the machine...strange noise..lol
Edna

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:53pm
post #53 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Khalua or even some mix instant coffee..yummy
Edna I have to try the hersheys coffee syrup!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

And International Delight creamer has a great Mocha Mudslide flavor that tastes like Kahlua!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:55pm
post #54 of 1317

OOPS! It's called "White Chocolate Mudslide"

tonedna Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 3:22pm
post #55 of 1317

Yumm...will look for it..thanks... icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 3:53pm
post #56 of 1317

Thanks !Sounds delicious !
Edna I hope you feel better !

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 4:48pm
post #57 of 1317

Question Mel ole buddy !
Ok on the cuppys with.. lets just say the peanut buttercup on top, Did you fill with bettercreme thats what? just flavored with the pb syrup or did you also add a pudding or a cream cheese to ?? What do you use most ? Which filling recipe ? Flavored bettercreme or the one with the pudding, cream cheese, milk? Whats your most often go to filling ? If you want to share the secret ??

Melvira Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:20pm
post #58 of 1317
Quote:

Question Mel ole buddy !
Ok on the cuppys with.. lets just say the peanut buttercup on top, Did you fill with bettercreme thats what? just flavored with the pb syrup or did you also add a pudding or a cream cheese to ?? What do you use most ? Which filling recipe ? Flavored bettercreme or the one with the pudding, cream cheese, milk? Whats your most often go to filling ? If you want to share the secret ??

Honestly, my favorite is the "Lighter" version simply because you can eat more of it! icon_rolleyes.gif It's light, fluffy, it doesn't give you that "I just ate something too sweet" gut ache. (Not that any of them do, but you know...) What I do is fill with whichever filling I am making at the time, then, depending on either my mood, or what the client wants, I ice with either the same thing, (super easy, you just push the tip in and fill, then continue out into a swirl... so fast!) or ganache, or sometimes even buttercream. But I like to have what's inside reflected by what's on top! So sometimes even if I do ganache, I put a dollop of the filling on top too. I have made no secret that my 'go to' flavor is the chocolate malt, so I don't mind sharing that. You can seriously put people under a spell with it. If your cake is nice and moist, and you are none too shy with the flavoring... woah... watch out! My sister in Mo. does not like chocolate... last time she was here she specifically requested a batch of the chocolate malt!! To me, that is pretty durn compelling!

Oh, and to answer your first question... the cupcake you mentioned is Devil's food cupcake filled with Bettercreme that was whipped with Reese's peanut butter syrup, iced with same, then a mini PB cup for garnish. It's actually quite a light and refreshing little indulgence. It's not a heavy, 'now I feel like I should go do 200 sit-ups' dessert!

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:42pm
post #59 of 1317

Thanks Mel ! I just wondered because I have been making the bettercreme syrup flavored fillings, With the same icing on top and wondered if that might not be over powering the cake flavor at all. Everyone loves my cake,flavor and moistness, But I also dont want them to be all icing/filling and NO cake flavor ya know ?
I have had nothing but good reviews on them so far.I fill the top making 3 holes so as to have plenty of filling and not just a dap in 1 spot.How do you fill yours ?

Chef_Rinny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Rinny Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 6:10pm
post #60 of 1317
Quote:
Quote:

Has anyone ever heard of or used Velvet Top or Velvety Top? I think that's the name of it....Dawn is the manufacturer. Anyway, can't get Bettercreme but I could get this and they said it's the same just different company. I got some to try and was wondering if there are any opinions out there?? Laughing

I've used Dawn Velvet Top-same stuff as the Rich's bettercreme! Love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%