Bettercreme Fun!

Baking By Melvira Updated 28 Oct 2016 , 1:47am by kakebrown

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 5:50pm
post #211 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTonyasCakes

I bought the 15lb tub at Sam's and was wondering if I can thaw enough to put into several smaller containers and refreeze. Has anyone done this? It was the pre-whipped.

I have done it and it works just fine. DO NOT thaw at all! Just scoop it out into smaller containers and keep them in the freezer.. then when you need some, just take out the size container you need. (I discovered this when my big freezer needed de-frosting, and I had to put all that bettercreme into smaller containers that would fit in my smaller freezer) [/u]

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 10:50pm
post #212 of 1317

Gaby ..Does Your area of Florida have A Gordons Food Service ? Thats where I get mine !
I have to tell you guys that I have also used the bettercreme after its whipped in my hot chocolate . I had some left over and I made us hot choc with a big ole ( or 2 )Tbs of bettercreme dropped on top , So delicious.Tonight I just added it to my french vanilla coffee and soooo good. Im not much of a coffee drinker I only get the flavored coffee from the gas station and Its so good in the french vanilla. I drink coffee that really doesent taste to strong like coffee more just like what ever flavor it is. But its sure yummmy in it!

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:10pm
post #213 of 1317

Wow, Fiddlesticks that sounds good! I will have to try that soon!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 21 Oct 2008 , 11:15pm
post #214 of 1317

I'm tellin' ya, there's nothing this stuff can't do. Try making ganache with it. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:01am
post #215 of 1317

Mel, please tell me how to do the ganache with bettercreme! icon_rolleyes.gif

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:05am
post #216 of 1317

Well, since I'm not sure how the Bettercreme would react to being heated up, I simply melted the chocolate slowly, then poured in a little Bettercreme to 'loosen' it up, and then mixed it all together.

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 1:23am
post #217 of 1317

When I added it to the hot choc n coffee both, It is so awesome what it does, It kind of just melts a little and then stays there like when you have a 1/2 melted marshmallow.

hallfamily727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallfamily727 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 2:39pm
post #218 of 1317

Ok guys, my bff just brought me 2 buckets each of the vanilla and the chocolate prewhipped Rich's Bettercreme. Since it's prewhipped, what do I do differently to flavor, etc? Does it have a more chemical taste than if you whip it yourself? Also....the bucket just says "store in a cool place", but I'm assuming that after I open it I'm gonna need to freeze it, right? So in like 2 or 4 cup things at a time?? Thanks in advance for all your help!!

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 2:44pm
post #219 of 1317

Sorry Hall I dont know anything about the prewhipped !

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 3:15pm
post #220 of 1317

Hall, what you'll need to do is gently fold in the flavorings instead of whipping it. For example, scoop some into a bowl and squeeze in some Haershey's Whoppers Syrup, then gently fold. Then get a spoon and a good movie. Hehehe. thumbs_up.gif

Yes, you should freeze it. If you don't use it very fast I'd break it down into smaller containers.

hallfamily727 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:00pm
post #221 of 1317

Ok, what about shelf stability? If I mix in flavoring....say Hershey's stuff....can it be put on cuppies and set out a day or so? Or refrigerate? Does this mean I can't or shouldn't mix it with the pudding mixes since I can't whip it together? Thanks for all the help!

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:27pm
post #222 of 1317

I gotcha covered... this will make you happy!

Mix the pudding mix with about half the milk it normally calls for so that it is very thick. Then, just fold in the prewhipped bettercreme. For a 4 serving box of pudding, add 1 cup milk and mix, then fold in 2 cups of bettercreme at first, then add more to get to the consistency you like best!

The syrup does not affect the stability. You can still leave them on the counter for several days!

hallfamily727 Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 4:33pm
post #223 of 1317

Mel....you totally rock. From one Iowa girl to another! So I am assuming that if I want to use cream cheese with the prewhipped that I should use the whipped cream cheese?

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 5:00pm
post #224 of 1317

No, not at all. That's just cream cheese with air whipped into it! Do it yourself and save money!! Just bring a block of cream cheese to room temp, put it in your mixer and whip it until it's got a nice smooth texture. You can add a little of the bettercreme to it to lighten it, then fold it into the bowl of bettercreme.

And no worries, I enjoy helping! But thank you for being appreciative. thumbs_up.gif

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:06pm
post #225 of 1317

so glad to have found this thread!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:09pm
post #226 of 1317

I can't wait to try the sinful version. Sounds delicious.

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:43pm
post #227 of 1317

Yah, sinful is kind of an understatement, but I didn't want to call it 'addictively crack-like'. Though accurate, it seems to have such a negative connotation! icon_lol.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 6:52pm
post #228 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Yah, sinful is kind of an understatement, but I didn't want to call it 'addictively crack-like'. Though accurate, it seems to have such a negative connotation! icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif you are so funny!

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:00pm
post #229 of 1317

I do what I can! dunce.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:28pm
post #230 of 1317

Why I am not gettin gmy alerts!!!..i love this thread!...grrrr....icon_lol.gif
Edna

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:40pm
post #231 of 1317

Hey Edna ! I hate it when that happens ! GRRR!

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:52pm
post #232 of 1317

Sorry Edna, we tried not to have any fun without you! icon_lol.gif

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 7:59pm
post #233 of 1317

I am loving reading this thread! The only bad thing is I don't know where I can get my hands on some Bettercreme!!!!!!! icon_cry.gif
I will see if the Sam's club in my area has it.......I hope!

And who doesn't just love Melvira!!!!!!??????

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:03pm
post #234 of 1317

Uh-oh... head growing... too big for neck... starting to like self a little too much... heheheheheh.

Thank you for such a lovely compliment. I think you just made it onto my Christmas list too!! thumbs_up.gif

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:05pm
post #235 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Why I am not gettin gmy alerts!!!..i love this thread!...grrrr....icon_lol.gif
Edna

I'm with you on that. I have to go back and check "My Forum Posts" to find any replies to my posts. It's frustrating as heck!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:09pm
post #236 of 1317
Quote:

I'm tellin' ya, there's nothing this stuff can't do. Try making ganache with it. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I did! It was fabulous! (I actually used the chocolate version for chocolate ganache and the vanilla in a white chocolate ganache).

I've even used it as an emergency substitution for heavy cream when I made caramel. Worked like a charm!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:11pm
post #237 of 1317

Does anyone have the recipe for the mock whipped topping that is supposed to be close to the bettercreme?? I see on the cupcake thread where it references some suggestions (on the recipe link) but I can't find the actual recipe

I would sure appreciate someone's help!! Thanks..

Melvira Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:11pm
post #238 of 1317

Oh yah! Woot woot!! party.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:14pm
post #239 of 1317
Quote:

Sorry Edna, we tried not to have any fun without you! icon_lol.gif

I think you had lots of fun without me! icon_surprised.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif No fair!.. icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Oct 2008 , 8:21pm
post #240 of 1317

Mock Whipped Cream Frosting with Cocoa Variation
*Courtesy of mjballinger

3/4 c. milk
3 tbsp. flour
6 tbsp. butter
6 tbsp. shortening
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt

Cook milk and flour until thick. Cool. Beat butter, shortening, and sugar for 4 minutes in a bowl. Add flour and milk mixture. Beat 4 minutes. Add vanilla and salt.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%